• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Red Barn Customs L.L.C

robert c neth

Banned
we have bought stuff from red barn for our mud trucks ,they screwed an order up and fixed it right away and were rally nice about it.im hooked !!!

timass1

Also marsh racing is another good source, I think the prices are the about the same between companies. Let us know how easy it is to install the tires on 1 piece wheels.

Actually I got a quote from a nearby commercial tire dealer and I showed him the rims and tire and they quoted me 25-35 dollars a wheel. That didn't seem to bad, I'll keep you posted.

s1036s

Also marsh racing is another good source, I think the prices are the about the same between companies. Let us know how easy it is to install the tires on 1 piece wheels.

Actually I got a quote from a nearby commercial tire dealer and I showed him the rims and tire and they quoted me 25-35 dollars a wheel. That didn't seem to bad, I'll keep you posted.

I am just anxious to hear, because I have HEARD of the rims bending trying to get those thick ass tires on them. I think Hemtt wheels converted have become over priced and this is why I will shop other places.

s1036s

$250 per rim too much? Your crazy.
plus shipping etc. Not many advertise there good prices. If I could find local rims converted I would have bought them. I wont pay around 200 for hemtt rim, no valve stem, then another 100 for conversion, whether weld in or bolt on, plus shipping on both items. Thats more then I paid for my truck. Cheapest I could find 395s was 125 a piece and I thought that was a good deal. So if you know of converted rims up in the northwest for 250, let me know.

s1036s

Rogers are 250 ready to bolt on, complete package.
Shipped to my door? Tack on at minimum 30 dollars a wheel. I think you guys have more sources then we do that is why I may sound a little bitter. When I first bought my truck, I thought I remember seeing stock hemtt wheels new for around or under 100 bucks.

WeBeJeepin

I bought wheels from Long's Wheel and Rim in Florida a few months ago and the set of 4 was under $1000 shipped to my door. They are made so that the same rim can be used on the front and the un-flipped rear and still have the same footprint. I paid a local tire place $20/each to mount them and I have been very pleased. I am running 14.00x20 Goodyears on them.

s1036s

Longs and marsh racing were the cheaper ones, but both pretty far away. Ill call Longs again and see if they will work shipping with me, but they didnt last time I call.
Stockton in cali wanted 350-400...

Anybody else have resources for cheap wheels. Maybe I should start another thread?

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Shipped to my door? Tack on at minimum 30 dollars a wheel. I think you guys have more sources then we do that is why I may sound a little bitter. When I first bought my truck, I thought I remember seeing stock hemtt wheels new for around or under 100 bucks.

You are correct. When the hemtt rims came out, they were cheaper. I know I was selling them for $75 complete. There is still buying the 6 bolt pattern adapter and machining the 10 bolt pattern out. Still shipping costs. I hope you can find what you are looking for.

timass1

I mounted the 14.5X20 on hemitt rims, I'm curious to know if anyone has done this and what the outcome was. I know it isn't the ideal combo but I had to see for myself. If anything I gained experience mounting them and I want to do some testing to see what ther're like. In the end I will probably get rid of the 14.5's for what I originally wanted which are the 395's MVT's. I'm looking for opinions and comments.

'

Attachments

timass1

14.5X20 on Hemit rims

I mounted the 14.5X20 on hemitt rims, I'm curious to know if anyone has done this and what the outcome was. I know it isn't the ideal combo but I had to see for myself. If anything I gained experience mounting them and I want to do some testing to see what ther're like. In the end I will probably get rid of the 14.5's for what I originally wanted which are the 395's MVT's. I'm looking for opinions and comments.

front pos.jpg

rear pos.jpg

tire.jpg
'

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Am reviving this thread just for some general questions.

Anyone looked at their 5 ton lockers? Like the $400 welded units vs the $900 detroit? Or is it worth the $500 to just buy a whole rear axle assembly and break out your own welder so you know what your getting? I mean a welded unit in the front rear axle would give you a little more of an advantage.

I do however like their picture of their "punisher series" axles. It looks good but lets face it, if your breaking 5 ton axles its just time for you to invest in an M60 or M1 tank. I mean seriously and their prices for the axles. just the 3rd member is $550 or the whole axle is only $500. seriously? spent $50 more to get the best part.

Red Barn Customs, 2.5 Ton Rockwell Axles, Mud Boggers, CNC Plasma Cut, Yale Mich

robert c neth

Banned
we have dealt with red barn and he,s a good guy.we have welded all our own 2.5 and 5 ton axles and a few for other guys. these are all mud trucks we are running 30" wide x 60"tall ag tires on our big truck and thats about the limit for 5 tons.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks