• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Red dot a/c expansion valve and hoses

erasedhammer

Red dot a/c hoses

For the hoses from what I understand:

From the compressor the high pressure hose runs to the condenser then gets cooled to a high pressure liquid and then it goes to the receiver drier. From there it goes to the evaporator where it expands and cools then leaves the evaporator as low pressure through the expansion valve and back to the compressor.
? Does that sound about right?
Most of this I have inferred from the size of the fittings on each unit. Unfortunately my condenser has a high pressure input but a low pressure output, so I will need to get an adapter from the condenser output to the high pressure hose leading up to the receiver drier/evaporator.

NEW TOPIC FOR THREAD:

Since I am doing a custom install for my a/c I need custom hoses. I've called and emailed all sorts of companies asking for some custom sizes and they can't give me anything

I have the red dot fittings kit, but lucky for me they use some sort of mystery size hose...
There are three fitting sizes for three different hoses (high pressure gas, high pressure liquid, and low pressure liquid)

Don't know what size hose I need, who knows?
And anyone know a good supplier of custom size hoses?

Last edited:

Action

If you were piecing this together with the correct pieces, then wouldn't everything go together without having to make "adapters"? Or are you just making a franken-a/c system?
For those of you that like reddot kits, the entire kit is not that expensive. It seems to me that buying the kit woulkd be worth not having to figure these things out....

erasedhammer

If you were piecing this together with the correct pieces, then wouldn't everything go together without having to make "adapters"? Or are you just making a franken-a/c system?
For those of you that like reddot kits, the entire kit is not that expensive. It seems to me that buying the kit woulkd be worth not having to figure these things out....
I agree the red dot system is inexpensive when you put it together yourself, I saved a lot of money that way.
I just didn't use the red dot condenser, instead I went with a civi one that fits on the radiator stack. I have all the correct length of tubing and fittings for both the red dot and civi systems, but the civi condenser output is a different fitting than all the high pressure fittings that the red dot system would have. But that isn't what I'm worried about, since making an adapter will be easy.

I've never dealt with an a/c system before, and the simple diagrams that I can find on google images don't exactly cut it. I'm just looking for others on here who have done the red dot installation and for them to make sure that my understanding checks out before I jump into this.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks