• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Red Dot A/C in Soft Top HMMWV

loanshark

Guys - Just wanted to share a few pics of my recently completed Red Dot install in my soft top humvee. I chose a different setup for mounting the condenser because of garage height issues. Plenty of airflow and the unit cools very well. Evap was mounted on the 4 man cargo partition and is very solid.
We’re did you get the bracket for the evap

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We’re did you get the bracket for the evap
I hope this helps you.

Of all these members, only Action has been seen since 2020. Some of those members have been missing as long as 2015. Risks of using the search engine.

These parts are harder and harder to find. The parts he used look custom or were from a different kit than I have. I have a RedDot system on the shelf at home and I looked at it for you and the included RedDot brackets are different. The OP unit was a custom install so it looks like he might have made the brackets from flat stock and then painted with Behr or Rapco or CARC.

‘Holy time warp! A dead air conditioning thread activated for the fist time since 2016…. That’s chilling Batman!’

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks