• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Red Dot A/C Install - Which Condenser type?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Which is better, a slab condenser mounted in front of the radiator, or one of Red Dot's remote condenser with 24 volt fans? This is a non-vehicle specific question. Seems like 99% of civi on-highway trucks use the radiator mount condenser. Off highway seems to use the remote mount. I don't understand why Red Dot provided the funky looking remote condenser to so many military vehicle applications.

wrenchturner6238

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am not an expert but for my 2 cents. The on highway vehicles are going to have more air going across the condenser because of speeds of the vehicles down the highway and these military and off road need the aux fans to move the air across the condenser because they are slower for what ever reason. The aux condenser with fans will preform better in slower motion or setting still.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks