• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Red Dot A/C Unit Install In A Deuce

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I just arranged to pick up an Humvee A/C unit from a member who posted in the classifieds.These are the bolt in units that cool the HUMVEE in the Iraqi 125 degree heat. They ought to work wonders on a truck cab. Has another out there installed one of these units in a deuce or 5 ton. My son thinks the deuce will be easier to install one on, by using a bracket system much like some have with the 12v Alt install. If you have done a Red Dot install on any vehicle pm me. How far have we come. Air assist steering, F/F heat, stereo system, 5 ton wheels with 395's and now A/C. This may wind up as my work truck...

hemichallenger

I have put many red dot a/c units in trucks but never in a deuce. They are top of the line and are an easy install. I was going to put a red dot back wall unit in mine but it took up to much space so i am insulating the cab and putting in a under dash 15000 btu set up. I looked at roof tops but out of my price range.