• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Red Dot AC in the M939

jetjockB747

Well. Down here in S Fla. the temps are hitting the 90's, and I've decided that AC in my M939 is a must. I am in the early stages of installing a red dot ac unit. Some mods have been done in order to retain the original location of the battery compartment and bench seat. So far, all major components are bolted on. Next step, running piping and electrical harness. I will post other pics as the project evolves.

Attachments

armytruck63

I would suggest some sort of a bar and screen set up around the condenser in the bed of the truck. You need some protection so this doesn't get damaged by shifting cargo or some kid stepping on it.

I am interested to hear how this turns out!

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought about the condenser in the bed but want to keep my cargo cover so no air flow would be a problem. I also saw a set up on a M35A3 with the condenser over the spare tire. Of course what I really want to do is sell the 923 and buy a 1080 and put the ac in that so it may be a moot point.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking forward to seeing your work. I am about to install a unit in my M923A1, But am thinking of put the condenser over the long tool box.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I have front mount condensers made for the 5-ton or you could probably take the condenser out of its frame and front mount it. Looks nice I never though of mounting the head how you did it.
Will

Tornadogt

I would like to see how you are driving the Compressor? Adding a pulley to the damper??? Who's compressor mounting bracket are you using? Looking good, I do like the high mounting in the cab looks like the vents will blow right on the back of your neck perfect on those steamy days.

Artisan

If you use the LWS vertical pole mounts on the cab, then fab up a 4' x 4" x .125"
cross member and then make a cantilever mount off that, a guy can
think about a Red Dot 9777 unit in 24V. It only needs a compressor,
wiring and hoses. The evap and condenser are built into the unit so no
worries installing that . It is a nice almost black streamlined
rooftop unit.

Look it up.
Think about it.
Make it COOL.........................

Artisan

I have some NHC250 Compressor brackets left.
there are actually 2 brackets required.
I have the model number for a compressor to fit somewhere too.
PM me, they ain't exactly cheap due to several reasons but there
all good, I have sold many and they are NOS RD units.

Serious inquiries via PM only please.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
From the looks of the condenser the kit you have is for the 915 916 920 trucks it has a bracket kit for the cummins big cam motor in it. The humvee AC kits have a different compressor mount kit and the condenser is slightly different.

jetjockB747

Looking forward to seeing your work. I am about to install a unit in my M923A1, But am thinking of put the condenser over the long tool box.
When choosing the location for the condenser, I wanted the unit above the water line. Down here in Florida we are exposed to hurricanes and torrential rains that accompany severe flooding. Placing the condenser in the cargo bed provides protection against the elements.

Last edited:

bushton4

i have pulled out my bench seat, modified the battery box and mounted it as a single seat unit with an old Granmar seat I had sitting around. Batteries are still in there, just 2 under the passenger seat.
Gonna mount the same A/C head between the seats. I have about 15 of these units left with the accompanying evaporator if anybody is interested. Just add the compressor and mount and shazam cool trucking. gonna get on that project now that wheat harvest is done. Pulled a load of wheat to town yesterday with the 925 I modified into a day cab semi, crossed the scale at 77K, she pulled it, just not very fast. The gals at the elevator loved it

bushton4

gn hitch.jpgIMG_20140513_162245.jpgIMG_20140513_162322.jpgIMG_20140513_162359.jpgthere are pix on here of my truck with the end dump that I run with it. I put a splitter on the wet kit that runs the winch and added a 50 gal hyd tank to make a single line wet kit. 1st picture is of the GN ball I mounted between the frame rails. Pulled the 20' GN loaded with momma cows like a champ. Not sure if I had too much truck or not enough trailer!!!

Tornadogt

View attachment 503030View attachment 503031View attachment 503032View attachment 503033there are pix on here of my truck with the end dump that I run with it. I put a splitter on the wet kit that runs the winch and added a 50 gal hyd tank to make a single line wet kit. 1st picture is of the GN ball I mounted between the frame rails. Pulled the 20' GN loaded with momma cows like a champ. Not sure if I had too much truck or not enough trailer!!!

Nice looking rig. Do you have plans for the space between the cab and 5th wheel? maybe winch setup or sleeper?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks