• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Red Dot AC relocation

sermis

Has anyone moved the evaporator to where the radio shelf is? I was thinking if I moved it up front then I could open up the back of the 4 man. It can be mounted either up and down or at an angle. I don't see me ever paying for a radio. I can either put the condenser on the radiator stack or in the rear fender.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

sermis

Never moved it. Would block dog house for motor access and it's big. I did think about adding a second smaller unit and making it where it could be moved over to access or even the one that goes on the passenger side. Motivation lacking.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Oletennessean

I'm bidding on one right now and am having second thoughts lol. Hoping I get outbidded. Would it be possible to get a turbo doghouse and kinda cannibalize the ac unit and make it fit inside of there?

springer1981

I'm bidding on one right now and am having second thoughts lol. Hoping I get outbidded. Would it be possible to get a turbo doghouse and kinda cannibalize the ac unit and make it fit inside of there?
I am in the process of installing one in a 2 man hardtop Avenger unit. I completely disassembled my evaporator unit to clean, repaint and custom mount. With the required components in the evaporator, the blower motor, coils, electronics, etc, I don't think you could put it in the turbo dog house. You could make a flat box that laid on the floor behind the dog house.

Action

The radio racks can stay attached to the floor and tilt back to allow access to the doghouse and engine. Maybe you can have extra hose and adapt the a/c unit to tilt away for engine access.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks