• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Red dot air conditioner

89DSidewinder

I buy from GSA and gov Liquidations. I ran across a lot that was accompanied by a taped up box. I cracked it open to find what I believe to be a red dot air conditioning system for one of the military vehicles. This isn't my wheel house so asking for help on how to identify. There are no instructions ...go figure but it all seems to be there. Although I did end up getting two compressors in it which I thought was a little odd. The compressor is a sanden sd5h09. The electrical and other lines are present odd thing is it only comes with one fan so I'm at a loss for what vehicle. Has basically a replacement dash and AC controler.
The pictures arnt posting ....Im Doing something wrong here. Let me work on getting a few pictures up. If anyone could throw there two cents in I'd appreciate it.

FloridaAKM

I believe your post count is too low to allow you to post pictures yet & the pictures will allow the experts here to identify what you have! They will be along shortly!

89DSidewinder

I'm sure that has something to do with it. Spent about a hour the other night attempting to set up a album from my profile. Kept running into the same issues when desktop mode it wouldn't allow me to drag the pictures to the bottom screen to load them. From the mobile version just flat out wouldn't access the drive. Keep in mind I'm on my smart phone. I'll attempt to use a regular computer see if that does anything.

89DSidewinder

I've been a member on here before a while ago and I had the same issues. I'm just trying to find out what it is and if someone can use it otherwise I'll just scrap it. But seems like it would be a waste especially if someone needs it. I do know some parts for vehicles are hard to get but I'm not gonna waste a week trying to load to this forum. Goes to show no good deed goes unpunished. Well long day at work tomorrow I'll attempt to load them again.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I'm sure someone could use it, but since we don't know where your at, we can't say who is close to you.

Might as well read the rules and put your state in for location. America doesn't cut it.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He emailed me the photos; I resized them down to max 800px.

20160605_Red-Dot-AC_01.jpg 20160605_Red-Dot-AC_01a.jpg 20160605_Red-Dot-AC_01b.jpg 20160605_Red-Dot-AC_01c.jpg 20160605_Red-Dot-AC_01d.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More pics received:

20160607_Red-Dot-AC_01.jpg 20160607_Red-Dot-AC_01a.jpg 20160607_Red-Dot-AC_01b.jpg 20160607_Red-Dot-AC_01c.jpg

Last edited:

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any nsn or mfg part #s on the box under all that tape?
Shouldn't this be in the pay it forward section or classifieds?

M925A2 with dump hoist

89DSidewinder

I didn't think it belonged in the pay it forward or classifieds section considering I have no idea what it was or if it was usable. As in my previous post I scrap stuff when I ran across it I wanted to make sure it's something that can be useful because I know parts for mil trucks are expensive. If it turns out to be nothing worth while I'll just tear it apart and scrap it. That's why I came back to this site because I'd been a member here before and knew this is a place with knowledgeable people might be able to point me in the right direction. As for numbers under the tape I pulled up the tape slowly and it just tears the numbers to **** cant identify.

On a side note much appreciated for Warren in posting those pictures for me. Thank you again. As for ID numbers I'll go through it again later today and take a few more pictures and look for id #s I might of missed the first time.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm sure someone could use it, but since we don't know where your at, we can't say who is close to you.

Might as well read the rules and put your state in for location. America doesn't cut it.
I betting everything you scrap from GL has more than scrap value to someone here (except maybe run-flats:), as to which I think part of what Gimp is alluding to. Put your stuff in the classifieds, you'll make a lot more money, and it'll be a win win for everybody, except the scrap yards...

89DSidewinder

I'll keep that in mind thanks. As for the AC system got some more info and pictures I'm going to contact Warren again see if he will help me post the four more pictures I took of the individual pieces. Hopefully it will help I'd whatever this unit is. But also got some item numbers. The condenser with fan has RD-5-9076-2. It's a 12v system. The head unit with replacement dash unit with vents and screen or filter on it has the model number R-1800-0. Also listed as a 12v system. Then there are two what I believe to be HMMWV H1 M998 M1114 RED DOT AIR CONDITIONER FILTERS. Obviously vehicles not my thing but from what I compared to on the internet is what I based my assumption on.

ZiggyO

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just by the pics, your kit is for a bobcat or similar piece of equipment....... definitely worth some $$ and definitely not scrap........

Z

89DSidewinder

Pulled up a bobcat AC system the head unit were the vents are not the same. The one I have I swear looks military based on the vent opening I remember similar setups in the 1114s and 1157s I roled around in back in the day.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could that be the retrofit kit to put A/C in Freightliner M915A2/A3 etc. For sure not HMMWV or AM General M915A1. Not for MTVR. Not for FMTV. Without NSNs and P/Ns it is hard to tell.

89DSidewinder

So guys appreciate all the information so far. I went through it one more time. No nsn listed on anything the numbers I've already provided are on a few of the parts and aside from date of mfg that's it. As for the box who ever put the duct tape on put it right over that one white sticker and try to remove it rips it right off. And aside from what's shown on the edge not able to make out any of it that's covered. As like before a few more images will be posted of the actually head unit with vents in it. Maybe that will trigger something someone has seen before to narrow down what it is. Again thanks for yalls help and input.

DiverDarrell

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bet it's still for a bobcat or maybe the new high speed backhoe. It wouldn't have the same controls as a normal piece of equipment as the mil stuff often is required to uses stock system parts like the filters. Makes inventory a little easier. Also some equipment is also armored so the stock stuff won't fit. Being that it's the whole kit, it could be retro fitted on many different things. It's an awesome score and worth more than scrap.

Other vehicles: it may be for

unimog see
dozers
all terrain forklifts
wheel loaders
cranes
container loaders

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks