• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Red Dot serpentine compressor install

Action

Yep would agree there. Just installed it back in the original hole. Runs fine, belts a but loose, might get one a bit shorter cause the tensioner is jumping around a tiny bit...

Dang so I drilled that hole for no reason... I knew the pancake braket didn't need it...
The pancake brackets probably all come in HMMWVs that had factory a/c. Does the Red Dot instruction sheet show the pancake bracket in it's drawings?

erasedhammer

The pancake brackets probably all come in HMMWVs that had factory a/c. Does the Red Dot instruction sheet show the pancake bracket in it's drawings?
red dot sheet showed the identical bracket, but just with the idler pulley in place of the pancake compressor. System works fine without the tensioner pulley in the new hole. Belt is a little large, still tight but not what it should be. I'll be heading out to napa/oreilly/autozone sometime to get a belt about 2" shorter, just to tighten it up a bit.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks