• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Red Footwell lights

rmgill

Normal. They're the same lights as on your dash for both instrument illumination or idiot lights for air, high beams or front axle engagement. Common bulbs as on one's dash too. Don't much make sense to spend the money on LED's for this, unless one's just making up an LED array from parts.

Plugugly

I don't know what sites you use, but many do not allow off site hosting any more. It keeps pics available for the members and is much better for the group as a whole. No missing pics and when a newb comes here for info, it will be here. No "dead ends" so to speak.
I use a lot of forums, and I understand this forums reason for having the rule even if I disagree. I even contacted a moderator about the feature that allows uploading from a link on another forum I use that would solve their "problem".

You very well may lose photos due to dead links and members that get run off and take their ball with them. But you'll never know how many don't get posted because it's just not as easy as it could be. I post a lot of pictures when I have time at my home work station, but I've definitely not put some on when I'm pressed for time or not at home. YMMV.

steelandcanvas

Red Footwell LightDeuce Install

Took the red footwell light idea and ran with it. Thanks Rmgill! Had a couple of red clearance lights on the shelf, and replaced the wedge lamps with 24 volt units. Rattle canned the outside of the white plastic base with flat black. The shotgun side light was attached to the bracket under the jockey box with a couple of self-drilling screws. The driver's side light was attached to the steering column with an 1-1/4" EMT Mineralac conduit strap. The lights are not hooked up to a door jamb switch yet...I'm trying to find a switch that will fit in the limited space behind the jamb, there is only 2" of clearance.

SUC54621.jpg

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Although we ask that images be uploaded here for the(extremely valid) reasons Gimpy posted above, I don't think it would be inappropriate to include a link to images hosted offsite and say "larger versions here". That way, in 5 years when you delete them or Flikr goes out of business, we still have them here.

Wow, another great idea for my deuce. When does spending money on these projects stop?
When you sell it.

steelandcanvas

Look for a reed switch or a micro switch.
Seems I was real focused on vehicle type jamb switches...A couple of recessed steel door security switches would do the trick! I looked through my box of security switches (I used to be a system installer) and everything was normally open, the project needs the normally closed flavor. Thanks Chris!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks