Red River Army Depot

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

Jericho

Going to K town was like heaven being at Spangdalem , used to take all the Convicted to jail in Mannheim , my kids and wife would follow behind and then go shopping or get pizza during the three hours it took to inprocess a new deposit

Guyfang

Jericho,

What years? I took 2 guys down in 1974-75. It sure made me sit up and think at least for 6 nano seconds before doing some of the stupid stuff I did. They murdered a hooking in Schweinfurt. I took them down for pre-trial. Whoooooooooooooooooo, boy! Not even close to fun. They were turned over to the German system after trial. And glad to go.

Spent some un memorable nights in Spang. The HAWK unit up there in the area. Cold, wet, foggy and crappy beer. The K-Town facility now, remind me of being back in the world.

Jericho

I was in Germany 78 / 81 at Rhine main Then back in 89 / 94 at Spangdahlem but did base clousure all over Europe from 90/92 we had 2. E-9. And four E8 s for one slot each . Took many to Mannheim. I was the only Snnco that would do it in the squadron that said most were mine. I had 247 men boys and women theft drugs were most common two sexual assault one murder closed Hahn Zwiebrucken Camp new Amsterdam Alconbury to name but a few bitburg was my last. Did the Propulsion clousures

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
800 going to razor blade heaven....

what a waste and not all are armored up. It would seem to me that some of these armored lmtv/fmtv have value in rebuilding. Tons of soft skinned out there in service needing future replacement. I can't wrap my head around the math.

I remember seeing the fields of hmmwvs tightly packed before they were allowed to be sold. There has to be a better way.

labrewski

Good morning there everyone,

This is my first post here on SS. I am looking forward to joing the conversation in the forums.

I have a M1078 at RRAD that i am awaiting pickup details for. She "runs" per GP but dont know much more. I need to get her to my family's place in Jasper, Texas. Just under 200 miles.

If anyone could give me their opinion on this recovery i would greatly appreciate it.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good morning there everyone,

This is my first post here on SS. I am looking forward to joing the conversation in the forums.

I have a M1078 at RRAD that i am awaiting pickup details for. She "runs" per GP but dont know much more. I need to get her to my family's place in Jasper, Texas. Just under 200 miles.

If anyone could give me their opinion on this recovery i would greatly appreciate it.
I STRONGLY advise sending a commercial trucker to pick it up. I don't even recommend doing a flat tow with these. Find a local trucker with a Viking drive on trailer that they use for moving logging equipment and send him for it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks