• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Redi Sleeve Shifter Shafts

MatthewH

I'm getting ready to reseal my tcase, and been thinking on how to install these on the shift rails, and where at?
I know these guys aren't long enough to cover all positions, so I assume I install them when the shafts are at 2hi position.
Thanks

Juskatla

You can hop over to G741 and either search or ask the question. They are all about M37s although some of us lurk here too... Can't answer you question but know someone there will.

Juskatla

Roller

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would try to find new shift rails as I don't believe this is a good application for a speedi sleeve. I got a pair from AB Linn for less than $10. Don't know if he has any left, but worth a try. Other options would be plating and grinding your shafts or making new ones. M Series has new stainless ones available.

Frank

c

MatthewH

That's what I was wondering. All the rebuild threads I've found online give part numbers and quantities, that being 2 shaft seals, and corresponding redi sleeves. I've been trying to figure out how they'd work, being a linear action.
At this time, I'm not looking to replace the rails, just reseal and see how the case it self holds up with the conversion in working on.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's what I was wondering. All the rebuild threads I've found online give part numbers and quantities, that being 2 shaft seals, and corresponding redi sleeves. I've been trying to figure out how they'd work, being a linear action.
I can hardly imagine how that would work, except that the shaft was turned down a bit - enough so that when the sleeve is on the O.D. is restored to original size ( = 3/4").

Usually these shafts are made of mild carbon steel, so one can grind off all the rust-pitted areas, weld it up (with MIG) and then turn and finish on the lathe.
Of course, do NOT do this (!), if you can find replacement shafts for $10 a pair...!

G.

MatthewH

I'm just gonna reseal, redi sleeve the yokes, and run it.
I may end up rebuilding it down the line, but other than leaking seals, the bearings seem tight, not alot of lash. We'll see how it holds up, hear they don't like high speeds,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks