• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Redneck Mechanic examples?

HOWEY

Who is a Redneck mechanic when the situation allows??

While installing a replacement steering arm balljoint i had trouble with the shaft spinning on itself as i tightened the nut aua even my dad with a big ass bar couldnt exert enough downward force to stop the bugger from spinning......
Redneck mechanic example no 1 :shock:

Attachments

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's a common one: Using a ratchet strap to tie in a torque rod to get the truck home.

rickf

I have done the very same thing with floor jacks (lifted into position) bottle jacks, a bumper jack and yes a scissors jack. Whatever it takes.

Henderson, Many years of off road racing and I think I have used every combination of duct tape, ratchet straps and assorted tools used as splints known to man.:beer:

Rick

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I once used a P-38 can opener (came with the old C-rations) to fix a heater hose on a 68 Dodge dart. This was before the Leatherman tools came on the scene.

It was leaking right where it went into the manifold.....I used the end to unscrew the hose clamp, used the blade to cut off an inch of hose and then tightened it back up.

That hose was still on the car when I sold it.

Attachments

CycleJay

Hi guys,

I have a redneck mechanic story.

One night when I was a teenager, after I got done making out with this cute blonde,
we did not notice it rained at our makeout spot, when we tried to leave, my car
was seriously stuck in the mud.

I tried calling for help on my cb radio, but for some reason the inline fuse blew.
So I took a walk around outside the car, found a beer can, cute a small square
out of it with my pocket knife, rolled it up, and stuck it in the inline fuse holder,
and got the radio working, called for help, got pulled out of the mud, got back on road,
took her home and then went home myself..

There ya go, that is my redneck mechanic story...

Good night,

ODdave

Hi guys,

I have a redneck mechanic story.

One night when I was a teenager, after I got done making out with this cute blonde,
we did not notice it rained at our makeout spot, when we tried to leave, my car
was seriously stuck in the mud.

I tried calling for help on my cb radio, but for some reason the inline fuse blew.
So I took a walk around outside the car, found a beer can, cute a small square
out of it with my pocket knife, rolled it up, and stuck it in the inline fuse holder,
and got the radio working, called for help, got pulled out of the mud, got back on road,
took her home and then went home myself..

There ya go, that is my redneck mechanic story...

Good night,
Huh, Called for help and just sat around and waited for it to show up huh.....:cookoo:

sierrajcharlie

Moving my daughter to college a couple of years ago using a borrowed old enclosed two axle trailer. The front axle broke at the spring so the wheel was about 40 degrees out and 20 back. Had ratchet straps with us, found a chunk of 1 1/2 angle iron along side the road and a piece of 2x4 in the ditch. The tire iron for the truck worked as a hammer and fit the trailer lug nuts. Between the straps and found stuff managed to block and strap it up then limp back the 1 1/2 hrs home. Took it back to the owner, fully loaded. Used cardboard for a pattern and a 4 foot level for a straight edge. Made a gusset, welded the thing together and took off the next morning. This time I had every tool I could think of with us. The alignment was just fine on the thing, didn't hurt the tire at all, ten hour round trip.:grd:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks