• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

redstone, AL to Richmond VA

highsiera

need to move an m817 dump from Huntsville AL to richmond VA in 2 to 3 weeks. no dock in VA, so need ramps on trailer. unit is in non running condition. Pm me if interested pls Brian

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
You may have to go with an RGN trailer......if so the cost is going to be high.

GL will push it up on a lowboy on their end but it would be wise to have somebody up there to work with them.

PM me if interested.

highsiera

thank you for hitting me back sir. I've gotten a few quotes for lowboy service. seems to be running on the 2.50 to 3.50 per mile loaded. given fuel prices currently, to be expected. Any chance you noticed her while you were up there? a little nervous considering some other people's experiences in general here

Attachments

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ouch yea slowly but not so surley I'm learning that shipping can cause heart problems. The last crane I got shiped from Ky. to Fl. cost me 4800 and the crane was 4400 from GL. Good luck and hope she has a lot of new and runs good with little work.

I myself would not let anyone push it anywhere. Winch!! Most companys have the right trailers with winches.
Step deck winch no problem.

Attachments

Last edited:

highsiera

any carriers u might suggest Floridianson? I've put it out for the bid on U*ship, but that set up is exactly what I'm looking to contract. The LZ @ point of arrival consists of me and a 1 ton pickup. right now....

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
See if you can get contact info for Ray Patton trucking. He advertisez in MV Magazine and knows MVs well.