• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Redstone Deuces Arrive

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Redstone Deuces Arrive at Phoenix Proving Grounds

Two of the redstone deuces arrived recently. They were sent directly to the Phoenix Proving Grounds for evaluation. The last 4 photos show professional deuce test driver Gus Buzinski putting one through its paces. The trucks proved to be very promising.

We beleive the US military should get at least another 50 years out of them:roll::idea:

Attachments

Last edited:

ARYankee

Wow! That looks like a fun job :) I thought the military was getting rid of all their deuces and replacing them with something else?

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well James, that qualifies for Professional Deuce Test Driver, Trainer / Managing Supervisor.

(BTW, the nice dropside was not tested)

Last edited:

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the comments.

Yes Pawnshop, the dropside does incorporate the new "high-speed-low-drag crew cover". It seems to engage automatically at aprox 70 mph.

I'm glad the automatic hood release didn't engage, the transport driver did not secure the hood latches as instructed prior to leaving Redstone (see photo 3).

For the price, these trucks have turned out to be well maintained and in real nice shape. The dropside is in excellent condition. 7000 miles on the odo and low hours.

For David Doyle, It's an "NKO" truck.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks