• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Redstone M818 Recovery

cleb

Last Tuesday Wreckman and I headed out to Redstone Arsenal to recover my M818 with his 915. I had to tow it due to the radiator being punctured by a forklift...never fails. We met WM just off post and headed to the GL office. Mike (One of the Redstone GL guys) was nice enough to load us out even though he was on lunch. We towed the M818 with a chain to a flat area where we could hook up the towbar. The service brakes were out, and I only had a little parking brake. We took it nice and slow, and hooked up the towbar. It was a short 4 mile trip to her new home. It was uneventful, and WM was able to back up right where she needed to be. I've been working on getting her running, otherwise I would have posted this sooner. Many thanks to Wreckerman for coming all the way up here with his 915 and towing my truck home! It was one of my shortest recoveries (Done a couple 150mile ones out of Ft. Lewis, picking up M35A2's). Now I just need to find time to get everything fixed up. There will be a thread in the 5T forum about the issues I'm having :/.

Pictures below, enjoy! More are at My M818

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks