• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

[Reenactors] USMC Recon School, 1968 - Vehicles Needed

AaronHorrocks

One of my reenactor buddies is running a vietnam era USMC Recon School, for USMC Reenactors.
It's going to be in Eastern Washington state, and he needs period radios and vehicles to attend.
Specificially;
1 cargo truck (2.5 ton or 5 ton)
1 or two MUTTs (or M38A1)
Anything else for static props (Gama Goats, M113, M114, etc)

Roger's write up follows:

The premise: Basic Recon School is a reenacted pre-deployment USMC Camp at Quantico, 1968. This is a course for Marine Reenactors, taught by Marine veterans. The event will include blank fire, pre-placed flash pots, and other fireworks and SFX. The candidates will use airsoft weapons, instructors and/or "NVA" will use a mixture of airsoft and blank fire. This is a period Marine encampment. Marine vehicles are preferred. We can "borrow" some Army trucks if necessary. We will have a professional videography crew and photographer present documenting the event.

Who: 20- students/ 5-8 instructors and support staff
When: June 5-8 2009
Where: Colville, WA

Needs:
1 deuce and a half: We need 1 truck to transport the 20 candidates from the civilian staging area into the Camp. That truck will also be used to roll those candidates out into the bush, and pick them up after their "final exam."

1 MUTT: We'd like a MUTT to roll the instructors around and change them up. Thereby keeping fresh instructors on top of the tired candidates. An ambulance or a Mutt that could be used as one would be good too- because they will need to extract "wounded" in order to get replacements.

Other: We need radios for the patrols and a radio operator for base camp.

Payment/Reimbursement:
Fuel costs
Flight/transportation reimbursement for those assistant instructors who are coming to help, ie radios, etc.
Meals
Sleeping quarters
DVD of Videos
Photo album of event

For those people who have beat up, or unfinished/painted vehicles this would be a great excursion.

If anyone is interested, they can contact me at s4@mycorps.us

-Roger

wsucougarx

Hmm that's just 350 miles from me. Ahh, I'm Navy I dare not play Marine:razz: I may be interested however. Do you supplies uniforms and web gear (I believe the marines wore E.R.D.L. camo)

AaronHorrocks

I'm sure there's going to be loaner gear there. Just ask roger. If not, I can loan him some!
Force recon association? I'm certain he's already contacted them about this one too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks