• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Registering 5-Ton in CT

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hate to be harsh but call your bureau of motor vehicles and ask. Don't take legal advice from people on the Internet.

Have your title or SF97 to get a title first and then ask them.

Make sure you get a titled truck that the serial number matches the paperwork.

Don't take advice on registering it "light" to skirt the law or fees or requirements either.

Follow the laws.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re-opened at the request of another member who didn't think it was fair for me to answer the question and close the thread (which does happen from time to time).

Sometimes a question can be answered in one post and there is no need for 3 pages of discussion. Case in point. How many members want to see this:

Question
What kind of title do I get with the "new" HMMWVs coming out of GP now?

Answer
None, you don't get a title for a HMMWV being auctioned off by GP.

But instead what you will get is everyone's opinion on why you get only a BoS and not a title and tons of information on how to get around it or get a frame with a title and blah blah blah. We called these people Sea Lawyers when I was in the Navy. The last thing you want to do is take advice from a Sea Lawyer.

By all means, answer away but at the end of the day there is still only one way to register a truck in CT, ask the proper authorities.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Steve I agree with you but someone there might be able to give some advice that may or may not help with the red tape since they have already went down that path.

So as I agree with Steve no one should respond in unless they have done it in that state.

adventuris

i reason i asked on here was to discuss with people in CT that have done it , what type of plates they are running . CT dmv is lost on most things so if i have a starting point of the type of plates /registration i am looking for is much better .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks