• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Registering a Bobbed Deuce.

Slim

I am currently on the hunt for a deuce to bob and throw a set of super singles on. Was just wondering about the title/registration. Not sure of other states but in NJ they list the number of axles on the title(being 3), now bobbing it and getting rid of an axle would change that(making it 2). The local cops most likely wouldn't bother with me or even notice if they checked my paperwork, but a State Police stop might be a big problem.

Anybody been through this? Can you just show them a picture and say I changed it, like when you paint a car a different color?:?:

Matt

wdbtchr

I've wondered about that too. Also what about insurance on a modified vehicle? I don't plan on bobbing anything, but never say never.

Crash_AF

LOL....

You can probably go to the DMV and ask them what to do if you modify the vehicle. In CO, you have a Title Correction VIN inspection done when you change from Gas to Diesel (or vice-versa) so I would assume that you would have to get some form signed off by the state showing how you changed it.

Later,
Joe

CoolMaster

How about... "WHAT???? I'm missing an axle?? Son of a bitch - used to be people would just steal your hubcaps..." :grin: ..........

This is something I would say..... a long with bastards took my mud flaps too....

militarysteel

on the title it does not say how many axles it has, the only thing that acutely changes is the weight according to the title.
my brother sold about 6 or 7 shortened m35's and he always just gives the title, they register it and never have any issues.