• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Registering a Deuce in Arizona

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry to hear that. Did you have any problems registering your M35A2? I have to get my M35A2 registered soon.
I did have a little trouble at the MVD with the first Deuce, but after going round and round I got the supervisor and she new what to do.
Now I do not have any problems at the MVD, it was the one in Buckeye,AZ.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
bastards made me do commerical the other day, im going back down for a refund!!!
They did the same to me the first time and I got like $160 back.

You do not have to pay for the weight of the truck, only the tag and other little things.
With a Historic Vehicle plate for a year, it should be about $25 a year.

Welder Sam

So a 67 deuce is smog exempt without collectors insurance? We dont have this issue here and i was not concerned with it when i lived there.

Last edited:

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So a 67 deuce is smog exempt without collectors insurance? We dont have this issue here and i was not concerned with it when i lived there.
A 1967 vehicle would have to get an emissions test. A 1966 would not. If you had collector car insurance, no model year would.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I live in far West Maricopa County so I do not have to get my vehicles done.
I do have to fill out a form from the MVD with my address and all.

Welder Sam

Well, when i order my trucks, ill see about having them titled as 66 mods then. Work with the system. Thanks.

Now how bouts the farm tag? Hows all that work? Id figure youd have to be a farmer or farm service

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, when i order my trucks, ill see about having them titled as 66 mods then. Work with the system. Thanks.

Now how bouts the farm tag? Hows all that work? Id figure youd have to be a farmer or farm service
According to the AZMVD website -

$25 initial application fee/ $8 annual renewal. "Farm Vehicle" means a vehicle or combination of vehicles that is used for commercial farming or commercial stock raising and that meets all of the following requirements:

• Is controlled and operated by the farm vehicle owner family member or employee
  • Is used to transport agricultural products, machinery or supplies to or from a commercial farming or a commercial stock raising operation
  • Is not used in the operations of a common or contract motor carrier
  • Is used within 150 miles of the farm vehicle owner's commercial farming or commercial stock raising operation.

I'm not sure what the advantage is over Historic plates.

Kadefarmer

Kinda reviving an old thread. Has anyone had any luck with the MVD in registering an M35A3 as a historic vehicle? I recently acquired one and they are trying to make me register it as a commercial vehicle with classic plates. I Can try to get the original manufacture date and go that way but the title currently says 1993 build.

Welder Sam

Don't base your decision on my statement. I don't have my wiper motor wired and I need to put a couple more seat belts in before I even attempt to visit with mvd. My wrecker needs new wheel cylinders and hoses but I just don't care enough to fool with it

Attachments

Kadefarmer

I fought with 3 different third parties yesterday, and they all gave me the same thing. I was just hoping there was some way around it. But in this case I would guess not. I will register it for a year and hopefully come up with something in the mean time.

JohnnyBM931A2

I fought with 3 different third parties yesterday, and they all gave me the same thing. I was just hoping there was some way around it. But in this case I would guess not. I will register it for a year and hopefully come up with something in the mean time.
Is there a way to register it as an RV, if you add a few things? Here in Illinois, I could have registered my 5 ton as an RV if I added a few things. They gave me a list of 6 items, and the truck needed to have 4 of them to be classified as an RV. Maybe it's the same in your state? Just a thought..

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it doesn't have a "permanent" box on the back w/ (I think) 3 of the things listed it won't get RV status. Even a slide-out camper won't get your truck RV'd.

I've reg'd a few of my builds as RV's in arizona.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks