• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

registering a m54

MrAutocar

hi, Could anyone tell me how to get info on the original sale of my M54. The state of NH requires paperwork from the gov. as too the sale of this vehicle to the original buyer, mostlikely from the auction. The truck has passed thru so many hands I cant track the trucks history. NH requires a title on all 3 axle vehicles no matter of the age.

ffemt14

According to this having 3 axles should have nothing to do with it
261:3 Exempted Vehicles. –
I. No certificate of title need be obtained for:
(a) A vehicle owned by the United States or owned or operated by the New Hampshire National Guard;
(b) A vehicle owned by a manufacturer or dealer and held for sale, even though incidentally moved on the highway or used for purposes of testing or demonstration; or a vehicle used by a manufacturer solely for testing;
(c) A vehicle owned by a nonresident of this state and not required by law to be registered in this state;
(d) A vehicle regularly engaged in the interstate transportation of persons or property for which a currently effective certificate of title has been issued in another state;
(e) A vehicle moved solely by animal power;
(f) An implement of husbandry;
(g) Special mobile equipment;
(h) A self-propelled wheelchair or invalid tricycle;
(i) A snowmobile as defined in RSA 259:102;
(j) Trailers with gross weight of less than 3,001 pounds;
(k) Any motor vehicle whose manufacturer's model year is older than 15 years, except heavy trucks and truck-tractors whose gross vehicle weight exceeds 18,000 pounds.
II. RSA 262:1 to 5 inclusive do not apply to:
(a) A vehicle moved solely by animal power;
(b) An implement of husbandry;
(c) Special mobile equipment;
(d) A self-propelled wheelchair or invalid tricycle.
Source. RSA 269-A:2. 1967, 357:1. 1969, 488:3; 504:1

MrAutocar

Thank you for the info, but the title is not the first issue. The state says they require a RSGA? I could be wrong about these letters. But anyway I guess its the paperwork that would be given by the government to whomever was the first buyer of the vehicle, then the dot and state will issuse the paperwork from that to give numbers to the vehicle and enter it in the system. This Is what was told to me by my town clerk. She called the state directly and that is what she was told. She has helped me register lots of weird vehicles so i trust her. Unless you know of any other way i would love to find out. Or how I would go about tracking this paperwork down. Thank you.

madsam

That is why I registered min right away. Now I have a title and can sell it.. wish I could help. But Colorado is different than NH. Good luck.

Jake0147

What is the history of this truck? Has it been previously registered and/or titled in NH or in any other state since it's sale from the government?

MrAutocar

I Don't know the history of it. I know it has not been registered because its not in the computers and there are no vin sticker anywhere on the truck that the state would have issued.