• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Registering a NEWER Humvee in New Hampshire

OneShot0311

I purchased a newer 2009 M1123 and wanted to ask if anyone has registered there's in the state of NH?

I got this from a private seller with an on road title in there name. It does NOT state "off road" anywhere on the title so I think I should be ok to get the title over in my name. The hard part seems to be getting it on the road as it is a newer 2009 HMMWV.

I do know someone that had a 1989 M998 and had no issues because the DMV "Exempted: Any motor vehicle whose manufacturer's model year is before the year 2000" does not need a title to register it and had no issues getting it on the road.

Just wanted to see if anyone might have any advice.

Awol

You'll be able to register it like any other vehicle. They'll just issue a title and reg, instead of just a registration like older vehicles.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most of the issues occur when the vehicle is originally registered using the SF-97. Too many offices don't understand what's supposed to happen, so they spin some BS about why it isn't allowed in order to cover their butts and not take responsibility.

Most of the time, if the state isn't strictly anti-military vehicle, then once it's properly titled/registered then subsequent sales aren't particularly difficult.

OneShot0311

Most of the issues occur when the vehicle is originally registered using the SF-97. Too many offices don't understand what's supposed to happen, so they spin some BS about why it isn't allowed in order to cover their butts and not take responsibility.

Most of the time, if the state isn't strictly anti-military vehicle, then once it's properly titled/registered then subsequent sales aren't particularly difficult.
Thanks, as I have a on road title already I am hoping it will go fairly smoothly. I will report back at the end of the week when I head to the DMV.

Awol

Thanks, as I have a on road title already I am hoping it will go fairly smoothly. I will report back at the end of the week when I head to the DMV.
Should be smooth sailing.

Where about in NH are you? I'm right on the seacoast border.

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A simple google states the following:

The state of New Hampshire does not title Off Highway Recreational Vehicles or snowmobiles nor does it maintain any records of title or liens on these types of vehicles. A title, bill of sale or previous registration is not required to register an Off Highway Recreational Vehicle or snowmobile.

If your current title does not state off road they will issue a new title and register

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My son lived and worked in NH for 2 years. He told the vehichle inspection was extremely thorough. Not a mv but nothing like here in LA that is a very simple safety check.

Check your frame to make sure there is no rust. Sometimes on older m998 the frame held water and rusted.His inspector was surprised that the 89 Cherokee had no rust underneath unlike most vehichles of that age from the northeast.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks