• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Registering an M105A2 in FL without title

Benaj

I am looking to purchase a M105a2 from Georgia and he doesn't have a title for the trailer.

Florida requires trailers over 2k to have a title to register and tag. Can I title this with a bill of sale only?

I am looking for others that have gone through this process. Any help?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, you can title it with a bill of sale. I find it easier to have the seller in GA purchase a GA tag (at my expense) and get a copy of their registration to add to the bill of sale. Make things much easier. Oh, you will also need a VIN Verification form to complete the titling process.

Goose2448

Don't you also need a weight slip? I am still pushing(10 months later) for a tag for my concrete pump at work. No body seems to care if it has a tag or not, while I will pay the price when I get pulled over with it.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
cheapest and easiest way to register and plate a trailer is the Maine route. All you need is a bill of sale. No title needed. No inspection, No vin check, no hassle. Everything can be done via email, credit card and a nice plate and registration in your hands a week later.

Super Simple and painless. I will never register a trailer of any sort again at a state dmv officwe again.

Google Maine trailer registration. PM if you want to know the dealer I use.

Happy trailering. :)

Benaj

Has anyone in FL had issues with the Maine registration in FL?
I know you are required to transfer vehicles within 10 days of moving to FL but I can't find information on trailers?

ozzy308

it depends on the clerk at the agency , I won an m105 from GL it had no data plates no way for GL to to get me a title they said that with out a title no registration

caliber1

hello fellow mudslingers, and what is a weight slip? Do I need one for my M35A2? For my future trailer? Peter Mark
For a trailer title "home built" you need a weight slip from a certified scale as to the weight of the trailer. Was interested to know what fellow SSers had done here to title their trailers as well. File for the SF97 or not?

caliber1

Or buy a data plate with a FL title from a SS member........

Vinny
Anybody I might know Vinny? :beer: Got some blowed up Richloam maps for ya. Finished them yesterday.

Thank You caliber1. I am moving to Ft' Lauderdale Florida. Is that close to your location? Peter Mark
Way south of me, I am pretty much center of the state. Takes about 1 1/32 hours to get to either east or west coast, 3 hours to Ga. and haven't made the trip south in a while. Probably 3 or 4 to the start of the Keys.

caliber1

That's a good Idea. I spoke to a member among these forums from Miami. When Is your ralley, and what group is it? Peter
I believe the rally is the first weekend in November, and it is a Steel Soldiers rally. Great time, and good trails. Lotsa water after the rains we've had.

Yeah, not sure about switching data plates, SF97 isn't all that much.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks