• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Registering M1009 in KY

Getting ready to register my truck here in KY. They charge 6% tax on the value of the vehicle (use a NADA book). Anyone know if these things are in the book? I looked online and found the values of the K5s...Im just hoping that these things would be lower then the K5 because im looking at a MINIMUM of 300$ for tags... Anyone else on here have KY plates on their CUCV?

DokWatson

Blue book isn't going to list CUCV's, going to have to go by the normal K5 price on blue book classic. Most likely works out better this way, I would imagine the extra equipment CUCV's were designed to have raises the price! My M1028 is registered as a reconstructed K30. It was hit by a trailer and totaled, my buddy got it cheap fixed the damage and got it titled/registered.

Last edited:

JUNKYARDJOHN

I sure did. I'm down in Somerset. Just about 6 months ago. They tried to charge me prop. tax on $5680.00. Mine is an 84 M1009. I bought it from a feller down in Fla. & it had a Fla. title. You have to download a special form from frankfort, have the sellers sighn & notorize it. In my case it was eazy & it saved me about $250. They want every dollar they can get thier hands on..... easily :deadhorse: John

I sure did. I'm down in Somerset. Just about 6 months ago. They tried to charge me prop. tax on $5680.00. Mine is an 84 M1009. I bought it from a feller down in Fla. & it had a Fla. title. You have to download a special form from frankfort, have the sellers sighn & notorize it. In my case it was eazy & it saved me about $250. They want every dollar they can get thier hands on..... easily :deadhorse: John
I downloaded that form and got it notarized. The truck had/has a TN title. We annotated that it sold for "500$" for tax purposes. Im going to head to the DMV on monday and see what happens. Hopefully I will not get slammed with taxes. Not real sure how they are going to assess the value...:cookoo:

JUNKYARDJOHN

I downloaded that form and got it notarized. The truck had/has a TN title. We annotated that it sold for "500$" for tax purposes. Im going to head to the DMV on monday and see what happens. Hopefully I will not get slammed with taxes. Not real sure how they are going to assess the value...:cookoo:
Don't forget that if it's an out of state title you need a VIN inspection. i had to have a sherrif deputy come out to the house & insp. mine. They are pretty heartless & want.. no.. make that need your money. If in doubt.. call em. John

edgebar

montana registration

we, i just registered 3 m1009's in montana.
they came up with a value of $ 596.00 which was very close to the value stated on the sf97.
i put personalized plates on 2. the other was regular. $ 421.00 total for permanant registration. i did not thinlk that was too bad

Don't forget that if it's an out of state title you need a VIN inspection. i had to have a sherrif deputy come out to the house & insp. mine. They are pretty heartless & want.. no.. make that need your money. If in doubt.. call em. John
Well come to find out, a neighbor down the streets wife works at the county clerk and he works directly with dealerships at the DMV. He said that I needed a notarized tc 196-82...check. Needed the old title...check. Need proof of insurance...working that one. Need an inspection...CHECK. He downloaded the form for the inspection and did it on the spot! :eek: Because MVs arent in the NADA book that they use, they will tax me 6% of the sale price off of the notarized 196-82. I WISH i had known that before I bought it. I put 1500 on there, so it looks like Im out about 80$ or so for plates. Oh well. Should have done my homework better... Thanks for all of the input guys.