• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Registering military Humvee in Florida

Slowbriety

I have a street legal title from Pennsylvania that Florida who will not recognize. They will only register it as a parade vehicle. I want it as a street legal vehicle here in Florida where I live. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

BLK HMMWV

I'd take what they will give you.
You have 3 options.
Enjoy your new parade vehicle.
Enjoy your new off road vehicle.
Sell your new vehicle.
#1 sounds better then the other 2

Sintorion

You will get a street legal title in Florida, but as you have found out that it can only be registered and plated as a Former Military Vehicle. You could be in for even more of a challenge registering it if the previous owner modified it from the original military condition. It has to be inspected before they will register it. Some inspectors are more strict than others.

Slowbriety

It is all black now but I don't know of any other modifications. A mechanic here knew a guy who tried to register it for me through a Vermont loop hole and That is still pending. He guaranteed me it could be done so in the meantime I put air conditioning in it.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gee, you'll blend right in with all the other snowbirds from Vermont, driving humvees...

Slowbriety

Well I just read to the rules and saw the comment about military Humvees being off Road only. Maybe my case is a little different since it has a Pennsylvania Street legal title. I would not have purchased it had I known I could not register it here in Florida is a street legal vehicle also, but hopefully something will work out.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I just read to the rules and saw the comment about military Humvees being off Road only. Maybe my case is a little different since it has a Pennsylvania Street legal title. I would not have purchased it had I known I could not register it here in Florida is a street legal vehicle also, but hopefully something will work out.
Most likely one sold as "off road only" and the title washed through a state that doesn't care about the hold harmless agreement . But as you found out Florida don't care if another state will register it they do how they want. More and more states are refusing to register them and revoking plates from ones that have been registered.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks