• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Registering Problem

mil alta

Currently trying to appeal a decision by Motor Vehicles that they will only register my Goat as a ATV. Trying to get anything that shows that it is designed for highway use too. Any photos of Goats with plates on them would help or driving on a road way.

Although the manual says 1 1/4 ton Cargo truck you have to understand that I am dealing with government people.

Any other ideas would be great appreciated.

Thanks

Bob

Jericho

Canada, Whew, haven't a clue what your reqirements are , BUT have read a number of times in articals that the Goat was the first Army vehical to use off the shelf parts and to meet existing federal highway standards of the day,Use the simple search narrative of M -561 Gama goat . Must admit after seeing autos in the Yukon always assumed your highway standards were wide open,

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll send you a PM with some contact info. One of the local MVPA boys has been wheeling the Goat down the highway for years. We need to teach our private Registration offices how things work because the Lieutenant Governor doesn't like it when historical military vehicles can't make it to the parade. If everything works out we should share the successful registration info here so the next guy doesn't have a problem. PM sent.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks