• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Registering Trailer

71DirtyDeuce

I have an M105A2 trailer. The yearly registration is ridiculous due to weight. Is there anyway to do this cheaper. As little as I use it, it isn't worth registering it. Is there any tricks to getting around this?

Barrman

Check to see if your state has some kind of historic military vehicle registration, antique or classic vehicle catagory. The trailer will probably fit into one of those and they don't normally use weight as a catagory.

Dodge man

Can you register it as an antique military vehicle? Old MVs can be registered cheaply here in Fla and AFIK that applies to trailers too.

blybrook

Also see what your state does for permanent plates. I know Michigan went that route for all their trailers, so you pay once, good for life. Alaska does it for commercially registered trailers only (has to be in a business name); otherwise it's about $15 per year (to 10000lbs).

Nonotagain

Here in the Peoples Republic of Maryland it's only $102 a year. What a deal.:-(

That would be Martin OweMalley's Peoples Republic of Maryland.

My 32' travel trailer which weighs 14,000 pounds is a cool $248.00 per year.

Good thing is that this is the last year that they will be getting their blood money.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an M105A2 trailer. The yearly registration is ridiculous due to weight. Is there anyway to do this cheaper. As little as I use it, it isn't worth registering it. Is there any tricks to getting around this?

Move to a state that doesn't require trailer registration?

rlwm211

Do you register the trailer for gross weight, or tare?
If you do not haul anything and only use it for display, then I would register it for the empty weight.
It also may be possible for you to register the trailer in another state, even though you live in the people's communist republic of Maryland.

Just trying to help
RL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks