• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Registration for NC deuce with Bill of Sale

northwood81

Hello, I ran into an opportunity to purchase a nice m35a2 from georgia. It looks nice but the seller can only offer a bill of sale. My question is can i still register and tag it in the state of NC? IF so, how compliated is it? (I just moved from VA to NC). Thanks!

Chief_919

Does he have just a bill of sale, or a bill of sale + a registration?

Bill of sale+registration from a state that doesn't title older vehicle and you will be fine.

Bill of sale with zero paperwork from the state it is coming from and you will have a hassle with the DMV and likely have to go through the proccess of bonding it and having the DMV inspect and verify the VIN.

FrankUSMC

I am with Chief on this, if the truck has a registration from Georgia, yes, make sure it is in the name of the guy selling it to you, just like you would do a title.
Bill of sell, no, I would not touch it. I think you can find a truck here in North Carolina or closer with the correct paper work.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

CGarbee

Bill of sale from a GA resident will require that you obtain your NC title by bond... Not a hard process (it is described on my website), but you may want to look for one with a transferable title...depending on cost and condition of the truck...

If you have questions about the process, give me a buzz and I'll try to answer them.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Posting current ebay auctions is against the site rules. Please take a few minutes and read the rules so you are familiar with them.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
God I have an A3 ,in the classifieds. I have a NC title and mine isnt a POS. Cabell and Frank are right. Id ask for a title even with that NC will still require a VIN verification. , Jay

P.S. Il even help deliver it.

Edit- PM replied to.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks