• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Registration #'s

K9m37

Hey guys, I'm at a loss on how to find the registration number for the hood.

The hood has been stripped down to bare metal for repainting... so the only information I have is the original data plates on the dash. Any idea's on how to identify or generate the reg #?

Thanks in advance!

67Beast

Unfortunately the reg #'s were not put on the data plate like on the deuces that went through rebuilds. If you could not find it on the hood when sanding, than try the tailgate. Sand slowly through the layers of paint and hopefully you'll find it. Once those numbers are lost, there is no real way of finding them again. You can make and educated guess at what the should be or should be around those numbers based on other vehicles with known reg #'s and build dates that are similar to yours. I got lucky with my M715 when we stripped it, I could not find any marking left on the hood, but did find the reg #'s on the tailgate. Because of all the years of sun on the tailgate with the letters, it left a ghost shadow in the metal when it was stripped.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks