• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Reidsville N.C. to S Fla.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Folks, neilhendrix has a small genset that needs to come to points south of the border. Reidsville N.C. is north central NC and I'm trying to get it closer to West Palm Beach. No rush on this at all as I can get it next year at the GA Rally. If you happen to be going by and can help, that would be great. It's a small 3KW single cylinder that weighs in at 178#

Thanks,
Kenny

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
If it helps, I can store it until 13SSGR if it makes it way to Atlanta/Athens.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Clinto. It will likely get moved in stages so having a layover in your area will be of benefit. Mike and JW are coming down to Gainesville in March along the I-75 corridor so I have that I can work with as well. Not being in a hurry will make this move much easier.

Goose2448

I may be headed up north in February for vacation, and Reiddsville would be on my route, either to or from. It would also depend on what I will drive up there, most likely the suburban(if I still have it). Keep me posted and I will see what I can do.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
If it can make it to me, I can find a way to get it to Papabear's-I need an excuse to go down there and help them get their new truck floating.

:D

davidhdale

hey in salisbury nc thats an hour south of reidsville. i can pick it up if needed an store it . i drive a tractor andtrailer i get run to ga . and fl. all they time might beable to get there or at least to pappabears. if needed.you can pm me or call me if needed 980-521-8704

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ARgh!

I just came home from VA last night, I could have dipped over out of the way and stopped close to Neil's to get it, and could have gotten it south, or brought it with me to FL (Angie want's to go to the FL gathering in Feb)

Wish I had seen this before I left.

See what happens when you're not connected to Steel Soldiers for a few hours? aua

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am sure that with all of Neil's friends down here in SC and Ga, that we can get it south in a timely fashion. It is a shame that ferro didn't know, as he will be at Papa Bears this Saturday.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As of right now I would prefer that no one goes out of their way, it's just not necessary. If someone drives by and can scoot it south, great! If not I can get at the GA Rally next year. Thanks for piping up everyone, just keep it in the back of your mind if you happen to drive by. Maybe Stonepicker1 will go on another world tour and slide by to fetch it. LOL

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Evening crowd, if anyone has the uncontrollable urge to go by Neils haus and hang out or hurl insults at him, can you grab that little generator and move it farther south....please!

Stonepicker1

As of right now I would prefer that no one goes out of their way, it's just not necessary. If someone drives by and can scoot it south, great! If not I can get at the GA Rally next year. Thanks for piping up everyone, just keep it in the back of your mind if you happen to drive by. Maybe Stonepicker1 will go on another world tour and slide by to fetch it. LOL
Kenny, I will be making a trip next week up to Jacksonville, FL and maybe the week after that.:idea:

I'm looking at a crown vic up in NC also...who knows. Maybe a trip will happen.

michigandon

Kinda got my eyes on that MEP003a that dmatthews has for sale in down in Umatilla.

I might (and I gotta stress MIGHT) be able to assist you in the near future...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So you don't need it for 11 months but your getting antzy about it not getting moved? Hahafat lady sings
I won't need it in 11 months either. I would like to get it from under Neils feet before he finds a better use for it. Again, no one needs to go out of their way but if you happen to be scooting by............

If after 11 months it's still there, Mr Neil will drag it to the GA Rally for me.

Thanks Stonepicker1 and michigandon.

neilhendrix

In Memorial
In Memorial
Evening crowd, if anyone has the uncontrollable urge to go by Neils haus and hang out or hurl insults at him, can you grab that little generator and move it farther south....please!
This could be fun,, beers always cold, I live 5 min from a little sports bar with good food (ask Adam & JP) and can even put you up for the nite. I`m sure someone will be heading south on I-85. I`ll even meet you there.