• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

reinstalling injector pump, is there a trick or ?

Hal O'Peridol

I am currently typing this with my cold grease covered hands. I am attempting to reinstall a new IP on my 1009. Is there a trick or short cut to lining up the rotor end to the drive gear? Or am I doomed to a night of playing CUCV Twister with a trouble light and cursing the CUCV gods?

Thanks!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you removed it by going through the oil fill hole, yes, prepare to be a contortionist. Until you get the feel for it, it's a pain in the booty.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hal; The alignment pin must fit into the hole and it can only go one way and the bolt holes line up. When you get this mated together properly finger-tighten a bolt through the pump housing to the block to hold it in place. Then insert the interior bolt through the oil fill hole and snug it up tight, then torque all bolts to spec. When you insert the bolt through the oil fill hole make sure you don't loose the bolt down inside the housing or you will be pulling the front end of the motor off. I use a socket magnet to hold the bolt in the socket while I am going in.

Hope this helps.

Copy of Socket with magnet.jpg

Hal O'Peridol

Question, is there only a single hole for the alignment pin?. Since I removed the bolts through the oil fill hole........Mebbe I'll hire some twenty year old piano player/contortionist to put it back together. This sucks being 55 yr old, bad back and short fat fingers.

Cucvnut

I wish i was there to help, im moving to Portland in a few weeks. When i get up there if u need help i can help you with other issues

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks