• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Relay questions

Camkillers

Well I'm in the process of doing the dog head mode pulled down the panel and there two connectors for what looks like relays but nothing there anyone have a clue what's supposed to be there I'm new to this truck and guy did some weird wiring thanks Nick ImageUploadedByTapatalk1395111325.693154.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1395111347.659602.jpg

cpf240

This is all covered in the CUCV FAQ and other stickies in the CUCV forum, not to mention the obligatory reference to the TMs.

But, to answer your question, those are for the GEN2 and Voltmeter relays.

Apparently you missed the note on your Bill of Sale that said "some assembly required" :D

Camkillers

This is all covered in the CUCV FAQ and other stickies in the CUCV forum, not to mention the obligatory reference to the TMs.

But, to answer your question, those are for the GEN2 and Voltmeter relays.

Apparently you missed the note on your Bill of Sale that said "some assembly required" :D
Thanks so much it's been converted to 12v with only one alternator well I'm glad to here that was kinda scary to see them not there I couldn't find a thing about it sorry I searched for an hour appreciate the help

MarcusOReallyus

Searching on this forum is frustrating. It just doesn't work very well.

Since your truck has been converted to 12v, things get complicated. Nobody here knows HOW the conversion was done, so it gets tricky to offer help.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Searching on this forum is frustrating. It just doesn't work very well.
Just a few thoughts on this comment.

That is your opinion.

It does not help anyone, as a matter of fact it actually hurts the site by making people read and believe it, thereby misleading members or inhibiting them to try to help themselves.

In many situations in life, you get out what you put into something. If you think logically and persist, the site search works pretty well.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll take DHs post further.

Does the the vB search function work as well as Google who spends billions of dollars on collecting data from the world? Not on your life.

Does the vB search function work as a basic free search engine? Absolutely. Any search engine is only as good as the information that is entered. How many people search for the word "Duce"? Not may. How many use the word "Duce" in their thread title or post? Way too many. The old saying of "Garbage in. Garbage out" fits when it comes to searching.

Last edited:

Camkillers

I'll delete the post if it makes you guys so upset that I had my truck apart first time apart and I find things missing sorry I was a little freaked out and I couldn't find a clear cut answer if you don't like something then don't waist your time commenting now I know you guys don't like new posts have a wonderful day everyone

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Who is upset? Not I.

You said you tried to find what you needed before posting. Why would anyone be upset?

Who said we don't like new posts?

I see several opportunities in this thread to help and educate you and many others.

As moderators, we often post to help manage the forums, as well as help the person in need. I was about to show you the schematics in the technical manuals.

You have confused me, that's for sure.

Larch

This may help you. This picture came off this site. I'll try again, the picture didn't attach.Starter-VM-Gen2%20Relays.jpg

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll delete the post if it makes you guys so upset
I'm not upset either. Your post was fine.

I was just making light that sometimes the basic search function does not return results like Google does. And some of the titles people use make search a hit and miss task.

Last edited:

cpf240

I'll delete the post if it makes you guys so upset that I had my truck apart first time apart and I find things missing sorry I was a little freaked out and I couldn't find a clear cut answer if you don't like something then don't waist your time commenting now I know you guys don't like new posts have a wonderful day everyone
Perhaps you mistook DH's initial post as being directed at you? It was not.

Skinny

What would really help is at the end of these types of posts a link to the thread that was helpful. This way future users when they search for 'relay' and get this, they have a resolution at the end. Not this post necessarily but for example when I was looking for a thread on installing a hitch, I read through plenty but none really had a definitive picture or write up. This means you have to keep scrolling through search results. Just something to keep in mind for future users...try to make a valid reference at the end or the thread becomes Al Gore intraweb space clutter.