• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Relocating the fuel filter assembly.. My idea..

Thumper580

Looking for opinions on my idea to relocate the fuel filter assembly.
Thinking about relocating the fuel filter assembly to the vertical wall section right in front and below the windshield washer tank. Looks like it will have plenty of tire clearance.
No problem to extend the fuel lines......
Regarding the wiring cluster that plugs into the filter assembly.... See any problems with cutting each wire one at a time. Add in a section of wire to get the necessary length, solder it and put on heat shrink to seal it. Continue on with the other wires, doing the same.....

I cant see why it wouldn't work. Much easier access in the new location. Anyone foresee any problems? Thanks.

DREDnot

I think its a little vulnerable there.

Ive been kicking around the idea of replacing the factory unit with a spin on filter and mount with a manual prime pump built in like on the LMTV.

I bought one to experiment with but it is way to big . I gotta find one that is closer to the size of the original.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Unplug it take it off, send sender to the round file and maybe this>

While the Humv filter is a PITA to work with and one goes to all the trouble to move it, You guy's changing the filter that much ?? Think about a spin on remote fuel head filter / separator. Cheaper in the long run... easier to do and won't drain the pocket book like those messy military one. LOL

Kept the OEM. Added $16 gauge to be in the know. Know what I mean, CAMO

IMG_5514.jpg
IMG_5510.jpg

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Norman 1,3,5,10 micron Duroglass filters + heads are cheap.
What are you trying to protect.
Don't screw around, just put the best spin on and be done with it.

Just have to find a place to put it.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Norman 1,3,5,10 micron Duroglass filters + heads are cheap.
What are you trying to protect.
Don't screw around, just put the best spin on and be done with it.

Just have to find a place to put it.

Nice one.... Don't screw around. FUNNY.

Guys in the shop are at it again, CAMO

osteo16

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unplug it take it off, send sender to the round file and maybe this>

While the Humv filter is a PITA to work with and one goes to all the trouble to move it, You guy's changing the filter that much ?? Think about a spin on remote fuel head filter / separator. Cheaper in the long run... easier to do and won't drain the pocket book like those messy military one. LOL

Kept the OEM. Added $16 gauge to be in the know. Know what I mean, CAMO

View attachment 811163
View attachment 811162
does yours fluctuate 9-12 lbs like a pulse with engine running, then settle to around 9 with off, then bleed down ? I think my gauge is finicky

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
does yours fluctuate 9-12 lbs like a pulse with engine running, then settle to around 9 with off, then bleed down ? I think my gauge is finicky
The doctor will see you now...............😷

YES it does. Pumps just like ones heart. Hi side systolic, LO side diastolic BUMP bump, BUMP bump... 12 over 9 good. 💚

Greater than 3 PSI systolic good to go. It's in the TM. IMO... Might want to see the pump doctor soon for a replacement / recommendation ?💔

Shutting truck down takes 20 seconds to bleed out errr down. That's normal and nice to know with on board diagnosis test. 🌡

Cam shaft doing CPR on the pump, CAMO ........ Dr. of HumV BS, truths & lies, stories to scare the little ones.😨

Last edited:

Service Guy

I'm doing the same spin-on relocation thing on my GM 6.2. Is there a maximum distance limit from the secondary to the pump? The only room that I have on the firewall is way over past the wiper motor (far left side). Right now, it's behind the intake manifold.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks