• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Reman engine

4bogginchevys

I was workin' on the truck, fuel filter, snoop around, mark balancer for reference later, and check on squeeling belts...first off the belt that loops crank pulley steering pump and alt 1 was really loose, oh what fun it was to tighten that....while I was loosening one of the many bolts to allow adjustment I came across a tag kind of behind steering pump on block, remanufactured engine...it has black overspray on it so it's not readable. Did the military reman engines or is this from an owner before me? When I got the truck I was told it was a rebuild but never really believed it because of a 1/2" of dust/grime on it...must have been from sitting. Will the long # on the tag decode to a year/amount of miles before rebuild or something somehow? Thanks again:-D

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks