• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Reminder, HMMWVs fit pallets!

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure everyone here knows the HMMWV is setup to allow a full size pallet in the back. But figured I'd remind all the new people of this. It can be very helpful!

Housemate works at the local small town American Legion bar. The ditzy manager forgot to do their alcohol order for the next two weeks (like nobody must drink around the holidays or anything....). So after they convince her to submit an order, of course it's too late for the local distributor to deliver the order. So she borrows my HMMWV, drives to the distributor and pulls up at the loading dock...

The guys working apparently really liked the HMMWV but were not looking forward to having to load the order into the bed, until she told them "You already have the order on a pallet, just load the pallet in the back." Faces light up, and they verify twice a pallet really fits in the back (of course it does), loads it right in the back with the fork lift, and away she goes a short bit later...

So yes, the HMMWV bed is plenty large enough to buy a pallet of beer and liquor for your next party... :ROFLMAO:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks