• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Remote brake fluid reservoir

weld88

Hey all, I have just rebuilt my air pack and my master cylinder. I have also purchased a remote brake reservoir kit. My question is has anyone done a remote kit and if so where did you find was the best place to mount it? Any pictures would be helpful as well. Thanks.

Rusty nuts

I mounted mine on the firewall. Didn't like the idea of spilling fluid while trying to fill in the tight quarters by the seat. When my truck is warming up and doing a walk around, I just flip the side panel down and do a spot check, along with checking for any fuel leaks.

opps, my truck fell over....only pic I had :mrgreen:

Edit: uprighted pic for you.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

weld88

Good deal I will mount mine outside as well. Where did you guys runs the hose down at? Did you have to drill thru your floor pan?

ivbeenrokd

I'd have to look to remember for sure but if I recall correctly it's a straight shot to the top of the MC from there, no drilling needed. After mounting my reservoir and measuring length I took the hose to a local hose shop and they put a compression fitting on the end that attaches to the MC for me.

Rusty nuts

Just down the firewall to the frame rail to the MC. I also added split wire loom on the hose to protect it and zip tied to other lines.

misterbill64

I put mine on the drivers side firewall to, I didn't like the idea of spilled brake fluid in the cab and its not a bother to drop the side panel to check. I used hard line all the way to the master cylinder, just a small piece of rubber line at the new reservoir.New reservoir.jpgshutoff valve.jpg

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put mine behind the seat inside the cab, kind of between the driver and passenger backrest. Easy to check through the gap between the seats, and easy to refill (without spilling). Used one of the existing (numerous) holes in the floorboard, just had to enlarge it a little.

DeucesWild11

I put mine between the seat and the door. Works great, easy to see and easy to fill.

I especially like the fact that if I am at a stop sign or something and the brake feels a little soft, I can take a quick look back and see the brake level.

rwminck

Reservior

I bought a remote brake fluid kit but I must of got the wrong parts. I received a 90 degree and a brass cap. I don't understand. I assume the hose to the reservoir connects to the top of the MC cap. So does it require a T-connection to go to the brakes line also? This is what is on top of my MC cap. ...... Thanks
MC.jpg
I think I found my answer, please tell me if I am correct. The cap simply is screwed tightly onto the small brake line which terminating this line? I assume this is just a vent line? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

brianp454

You do not need a T; you only need to run the drain side of the remote reservoir to the top of the MC as you suggest. Done!

I bought a remote brake fluid kit but I must of got the wrong parts. I received a 90 degree and a brass cap. I don't understand. I assume the hose to the reservoir connects to the top of the MC cap. So does it require a T-connection to go to the brakes line also? This is what is on top of my MC cap. Sorry it is sideways Thanks

If you have a pic of what you did, I would appreciate it!
View attachment 470468

ATPTac

Just got my remote reservoir mostly installed. I just need to run the hose to the master cylinder. We ended up mounting it the firewall right near the access door, also put in a 1/4" ball valve on a 90 degree with a T fitting. I completely brain farted and forgot to take pictures, but basically the T fitting is for attaching a power bleeder and the ball valve will shut off the reservoir when bleeding. Its nothing super special, but I wanted a quick and easy way to be able to bleed the brakes. So now I just turn the valve to cancel out the reservoir and pull the cap off the T and hook up the bleeder.

welldigger

Just got my remote reservoir mostly installed. I just need to run the hose to the master cylinder. We ended up mounting it the firewall right near the access door, also put in a 1/4" ball valve on a 90 degree with a T fitting. I completely brain farted and forgot to take pictures, but basically the T fitting is for attaching a power bleeder and the ball valve will shut off the reservoir when bleeding. Its nothing super special, but I wanted a quick and easy way to be able to bleed the brakes. So now I just turn the valve to cancel out the reservoir and pull the cap off the T and hook up the bleeder.
Thats literally exactly what I did. Well, going to do. I have had the kit forever. Just been too busy sorting out other problems to get to it yet.

ATPTac

Yeah, there really wasn't much to it. I just haven't run the hose yet, it was rather chilly today and I wasn't in the mood to crawl around under the truck. I'll get pictures of it when its all done and post them up.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey all, I have just rebuilt my air pack and my master cylinder. I have also purchased a remote brake reservoir kit. My question is has anyone done a remote kit and if so where did you find was the best place to mount it? Any pictures would be helpful as well. Thanks.
Multiple threads- with pics - all about this same subject....

Remote brake fluid reservoir (01)
Remote brake fluid reservoir (02)
Remote brake fluid reservoir (03)
Remote brake reservoir done
Remote brake reservoir...
Installed remote brake reservoir

G.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks