• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

remote controlled m-35

4-stroker

ok , i dont know if i posted in the right forum , but.. here it is
(im not good in english)

its built from scratch , drivers cab is made of 2mm plywood , frame is alu. , it has a 3speed gearbox and a home made transfer case for 6wheel drive

and its mine 8)

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That brought a big smile ot face....thanks for sharing. Awesome! Love the shot of the front wheel up on the obstacle and the mud bog....

M35guy

If you made these things, I'd buy a few of em myself. they're REALLY cool trucks, even in RC form. those are quite well designed too, the attention to detail is excellant, and they look almost precisely like the real thing, just a lot smaller.

area52

How much shipped? Just kidding, thats a pretty nice looking truck.

I can't believe no one said anything about location yet!!

4-stroker - its a requirement to have your location information in your profile.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is really really nice! Great attention to detail. Must have taken you a year or two. :)
How did you put the drive train together? Did you use Mekano, FAC or somthing similar? Can you make/install additional differentials?
With the proper weight distribution on the axles you could experiment with differentials between the axles in all wheel drive (front and rear too).
The lack of those diffs is always a bugger in real life backing up-hill and so on.

Great model building skills!

Thanks for sharing.

PS. I began to build a model using the FAC erector set, but the cost for parts, gears in particular made it cost prohibitive for me. We are talking $1,000-1,500 here for the drive train alone.

jrosbo

R/C

I want one! Where do you sign up? I have the plans to build the wood part of the truck, but where did you get the running gear? Just in case you don't put them into production.

4-stroker

first ; thanks for all the positive comments!! :eek: :D

and.. no its not a producktion toy.. this is 80% homebuilt ... ehh.. i mean.. you can buy it some where ..i just dont....know ..where(had to lie , Brent) :lol:

drive train :
axles : from Tamiya TLT-1 mini monster
tranny : Tamiya semitrailer 3 speed (yes , can shift from the remotecontrol also at speed)
motor is a 55turn lathe.. low rpm motor but torq'y
..and the rest is homemade
tranfer case , it just 1-speed , its home made from some gears from a fuel r/c , and the case is 3 "sheets" of 6mm alu.
and the cargobed is made of alu that also..

@ Jim : if i try to bulid another one , i dont think im so lucky with the result , if its godd the first time.. its not the second :p

ohh.. and building time??..think i jused about 2 months or something around there

heres some pics form the building time.. : http://www.home.no/royhansen/m35.html
it has a new bumper and mounts since the building-process pics
and modified the rear tires tread

(and agian , sorry if you dont understand my english.. the just ask again..)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks