• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

remote controlled m-35

JEEPGUY

HOWDY,
ON THE LATEST LINK YOU JUST POSTED OF THE BUILD UP, DO YOU HAVE ANY MORE PICS OF THE LAST PHOTO WHEN IT HAS THE WIDER TIRES ON IT.
GREAT JOB AND ONLY IN A FEW MONTHS, THATS SOME GOOD QUALITY WORK MAN

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think it would be cool to fill the bed with dog food and watch him run around after it to eat!

dg

POS---He needs the excercise.

M35guy

G744 said:
I think it would be cool to fill the bed with dog food and watch him run around after it to eat!

dg

POS---He needs the excercise.
Ok, just dont try it with my dog, he'll eat the food, the truck, and if you'd let him, the floor too.

4-stroker

i a coulple of questions for you m35 guys ,
# what does the text on the diesel tank say ? (do not fill ....??)

#and the thingy over the spare tire who hang down from the cargobed and over the spare tire , what is that for?

and if someone has pics of m35's in tan , or desert colours... could you post them? would be nice!

great trucks you all have!

8)

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Roy, perhaps you could model your truck after the Norweigian version of the deuce, the M621. I's probably the most capable variant of the deuces with its locking diffs etc. :)

4-stroker

all differetiels are locked! :)
have you been around scandinavia or something , since you know them?? ...
and yor name(bjorn) , very "scandinavish" name! :shock:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
4-stroker said:
i a coulple of questions for you m35 guys ,
# what does the text on the diesel tank say ? (do not fill ....??)

#and the thingy over the spare tire who hang down from the cargobed and over the spare tire , what is that for?

and if someone has pics of m35's in tan , or desert colours... could you post them? would be nice!

great trucks you all have!

8)
I htink the tanks typically say:

"Do not overfill
Allow for expansion"

The thingy over the spare tire is the pioneer rack, for the tool kit (shovel, etc.)

No tan pics, sorry :(

Again, my commendation on your skills.. That thing is incredible! How big is it and what does it weigh?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is more information for you. The pioneer rack is above the spare tire winch. I think you may be looking at the winch right above the spare.
The fuel tank markings as explained by David Doyle in his book "Standard Catalog of US Military Vehicles" and I grew up in Torshalla, Sweden.

Attachments

Desert Rat

Bjorn & 4-stroke,

My family is from Sweden! I have no idea where since it's been a few generations. However, people butcher my last name (Sweedish) with the German spellings. Most annoying. BTW, I know my last name has been "Americanized" too. I have no idea of the correct Sweedish spelling.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Brent, the image below from the dictionary shows the what would very likely be the Swedish meaning of the first part of your name (Just the dots over the "a" are missing). So you may be Creekman in English.
Backman would be a fairly common name over there. Many of the old Viking names described things in nature, kind of like the American Indian names.
My name for example, means "bear" in Swedish or Norweigian.

My last name, Brandstedt, is not originally Swedish, it was changed a hundred or so years ago and is actually the name of a small town in Germany.

Attachments

forklift

hello 4-stroker,
I do a lot of R/C stuff too(nothing anywhere near as good, awsome job), and might try something similar. I looked at your pictures and was woundering if you got the power to the rear diff. In the picture you have of the bottom, it's not hooked up. If you did, would you mind taking a picture that shows how? thank you, jake

Desert Rat

Thanks Bjorn! So I guess my family went fishing quite a bit! This explains why over half of them are lobstermen or fishermen. I love fishing too. It must be in the blood rofl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks