• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Remote M/C + Power Bleeder

Troll1216

With inspiration from Recovry4x4 I decided I needed both an larger reserve or DOT5 and a power bleeder, so I made one. Just remember keep pressure to a minimum, I use a filler with a gauge on it.

Picture 1 shows the unit. I mounted it on the rear of the cab behind the passenger seat to keep the hose run to a minimum. I also used a barb fitting on the bottom.

I made it with PVC pipe, and two fittings to close it off, both threaded for the caps you see.

Also shown in this picture is the coat hanger I use as a dip stick. I drilled two small holes in the top and one in the side, Barely visible in picture 3.

Picture 2 shows the dipstick, it is 3/4 the length of the unit so I know when I am getting low. If you see fluid running off it when you pull it out you are good.

Picture 3, as previously stated, is another shot of the dip stick cap. I drilled a breather hole on the side of it. If I need to seal the system I can thread it down past the hole, otherwise I chose the side so no dust or dirt gets into the system.

Picture 4 shows the power bleeder cap for the unit. I took another end cap and drilled a hole slightly less than the size of a car tire air stem.

Works like a champ....

You need: 1 pc PVC the size you want, 1 clamp to mount the unit to the cab support, 3 end caps for the PVC that have reduction fittings that are closed, a section of hose long enough to get to the top of the M/C with a little "wiggle room" for flex, two barb fittings - one for the bottom of the unit and one for the top of the cap on the M/C where the vent goes, a bolt to plug the vent line when you remove it from the T fitting, a tire stem screw in type, and a coat hanger, a drill and some bits, a screwdriver, PVC glue and some spray paint.

Took me less than 20 min and around 20 bucks in a one time trip to the hardware store once I had the sizes as some fittings are not standard. I finally removed the cap from an old M/C and the breather line and brought it with me to the store to get it fitted properly.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks