• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Removal of loader procedure

The FLU farm

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Johan, all you really need is a stick of 2x4 rectangular tubing and a cheap trailer jack.
I used the kind that's pinned on, so I could use one of the jacks I already have. Can't remember if I bought or made the mount for it. Probably bought, since there's no need for the horizontal holes in the application.

Anyway, sorry about all the weeds, but you can hopefully see the mount towards the bottom, facing forward.DSCN3351[1].JPG

Sgt Jiggins

Potato Peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Weight rating 1,5 tons.
We build the black steel profile to fit exactly into the profile of the SEE, secured with a pin .
Would it be possible to get a view from the front too, please?

Has anyone considered using a farm jack/high lift jack? But I guess the problem then becomes storage, so maybe this is the best solution.

Speedwoble

Since everyone is showing their jack, here is mine nestled amongst my Unimog scrapyard. I used a rolling jack off an M105 trailer cause I had it. However, because it can roll, it isn’t stable. I recommend a Jack with a stationary base like Miggins or FLU Farm posted.
You might not be able to tell, but there is a piece of 1/4” strap welded to the 2x6” tube to make it a tighter fit in the loader receiver. The pin is a hitch pin from Tractor Supply.
53C01CFF-2061-4DAB-A6F9-9F38D6749832.jpeg

joeblack5

I had seen your construction.. and thought the wheel was a great idea, actually was at the junkyard to look for one from a trailer... found one from an hydraulic outrigger but it was really heavy. thanks for setting me straight on the wheels.

Johan

joeblack5

Howdy Folks. I thought that I had played chicken enough so today was the day. Hot, humid sweaty and miserable. Figured I use the other flu to help out. After it was loose I put a couple of blocks under my stand and used the flu to pull the broken flu away from the stand. One of the parking brake levers at the rear axle did not release. A couple if taps with a block of wood convinced it. Since I was by myself and we were pulling down hill I put the parking brakes back on and just dragged it with the other Unimog.

Thanks all for the encouragement.

JohanIMG_20200708_145338_414.jpgIMG_20200708_145927_788.jpgIMG_20200708_151801_574.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks