• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Removal of Trailer Jacks ?

Ripcord01

I have a light trailer. I need to replace the trailer jacks! I know that there is a way to get these things off. It looks like there are two plates that are butted together but I see no way that they can be holding the Jack on. I know it is simple. After all these are built for the Military with the thougth that the average Joe or Jane could repair them.. What are the turn cranks things located on the front of the trailer for?

Attachments

KsM715

Not 100% sure but is there a c-clip (or ring clip, can't think of the name right now) on the big circular pivot point? The kind that you need those special pliers with the points on the end the fit into holes on the clip to spread it apart enough to slip it off the tube? (boy, that really makes it sound like I know what I'm talking about. :lol: )

Edit: one of these http://www.easternmarine.com/BULLDOG-Trailer-Jack-Swivel-Ring-Kit-500241/

Attachments

Last edited:

davey8943

Not 100% sure but is there a c-clip (or ring clip, can't think of the name right now) on the big circular pivot point? The kind that you need those special pliers with the points on the end the fit into holes on the clip to spread it apart enough to slip it off the tube? (boy, that really makes it sound like I know what I'm talking about. :lol: )

Edit: one of these http://www.easternmarine.com/BULLDOG-Trailer-Jack-Swivel-Ring-Kit-500241/

I think you are looking for the term "snap ring".

;-)

Dave

Ripcord01

Thanks Jeff. I found it. I did not know the front slides out. How cool. It was like ohh my trailer does something that yours don't. Is there a special tool I need to remove the snap ring? I did notice that it has a hole in each end! I attempted to pul it off using a screwdriver much to no avail.

KsM715

You can get a set of snapring pliers ( http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/retaining-and-lock-ring-pliers/pliers/hand-tools/ecatalog/N-96y ) They can be found at most hardware stores or sears.

Or you can try 2 flat blade screwdrivers. Place one in the slot where the ring is split. Twist that screwdriver to widen the gap and then take a second flatblade and try to get under the ring and pop it off when the ring is spread wide enough to clear the groove it is sitting in. (caution, that ring will fly and with the tube right in front theres no telling which direction it will go.)

Last edited:

Ripcord01

I guess I will be going to Sears in the morning. I need to replace the legs anyhow. I need 3 horray..Would you know what or if these trailers have a back support leg? I have a few welds on the rear but can't find any pictures of one with a rear support of any kind.

Attachments

Last edited:

hoop

"What are the turn cranks things located on the front of the trailer for? "

Those are for securing the outriggers(trailer jacks) in place. On some trailers those trailer jacks slide in and out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks