• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Remove aftermarket radio

Indyharleyguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi all I'm trying to remove a aftermarket radio in my M1009. Do I have to take the whole dash assembly apart to get to the mounting bolts?

MarcusOReallyus

That depends on how it was installed.

Got pics?

If it's an old style radio with two shaft-style controls, it's mounted at the front on those two shafts, and you might need a really deep socked to undo the nuts, AFTER you take off the knobs (which just pull off). Then, normally, there's some kind of support at the back which you can access from underneath.

Indyharleyguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That depends on how it was installed.

Got pics?

If it's an old style radio with two shaft-style controls, it's mounted at the front on those two shafts, and you might need a really deep socked to undo the nuts, AFTER you take off the knobs (which just pull off). Then, normally, there's some kind of support at the back which you can access from underneath.
Not sure how to get it out after taking faceplate off

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

chevymike

Depending on the brand, that is a DIN style mount and you will need the "keys" that will slide in on the left and right edge area, that will release from the mounting cage, assuming it was installed like a normal DIN radio. Might search online for DIN removal tool but if you know the brand, you might add that key word to your search.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks