• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

remove and install the fuel line return hoses

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMHO If you pull them I would replace them. I realize they are expensive for small rubber hose. But they can be brittle and just break no matter what. That tools looks cool but I would think it might not work on the passenger side. The engine is pretty close to the body there. Along with that heat shield I hate so much. I can't see you getting to those lines with out removing it. I have done business with this company before. I have their injector tester. I over haul my own injectors and use their shim kits to set pop pressure. They have good customer service.

Action

Years ago, i bought the "clampless hose" kit from epay. They never came off but fell apart when i slightly pulled on them 4 years later.

cajadao

Ok.
I will try that tool. If I manage to get some room and the little clamps don't get in the way for the hose grabbing, maybe I can save a hose or two.
Or not.
Thanks

cajadao

Following up.
I had to remove the alternator and the air horn to get the space i was looking for.
The plier proof to be too long and I couldn't get the angle necessary for a good grab on the hose. The little clamp and the recess on the injector also didn't like the tool. If was not for the clamp, it could work better. For a clampless hose, is a go.
20180114_153037.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks