• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Remove surge brakes from

AFM

Ball hitches are strictly prohibited here at the radio ranch.

Pintle hook and lunette ring only. Even have one for our Tiguan.

Really cuts down on friends wanting to borrow trailers.
I actually wouldn’t mind switching over to all lunette rings but I would have to get one of these welded on to my other trailers. Now if I could get all my trailers to have the use the same connections with the same tongue height that would be the dream right there.

Attachments

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ball hitches are strictly prohibited here at the radio ranch.

Pintle hook and lunette ring only. Even have one for our Tiguan.

Really cuts down on friends wanting to borrow trailers.
Yep, and the few people I will let use my trailer I let take the hitch to, most of them have the pintle /ball combo and they wear the lunette's .

01GRANDER

Just got a S/A trailer chassis at auction. I got it to use it for some light hauling. I would like to lower it get some standard trailer tires. I want to replace the pintle and get rid of the hydraulic surge brakes. I tried a search but couldn’t find anything on removing the surge brake. Does anybody have some advice on removing the hydraulics?

edited to try and clarify
I am trying to find replacement parts for mine if you have your old parts. My backing plate is damaged and it is rusted, mil left it exposed.

Attachments

KN6KXR

What model trailer is it? I have an M1102 and you can defeat the hydraulic brakes by pinning the actuator so it doesn't slide. The military thought about this. They provided this so you can back a loaded trailer up a hill. That sure looks like my M1102 setup. Check your TM.....

AFM

I am trying to find replacement parts for mine if you have your old parts. My backing plate is damaged and it is rusted, mil left it exposed.
If you are still looking I may have something for you soon. I think I found what I have been looking for. The
Demco 5-Position Adjustable Channel Bracket - Bolt On - 3" Channel Mount looks like a bolt on solution to getting rid of the actuator. I am also going to replace the whole brake setup with a Dexter idler hub.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks