• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

removing 6.2l injectors

jimm1009

Injector socket

;-) It is a special socket. I have a SnapOn brand that I can get the number from but Mac and S&K both have them too.
I'm sure that NAPA also has them but I would not know the number.

I can post the SanpOn number here in a few minutes but I have to walk out to the shop to get it.
I recommend using it over the standard 30 MM deepwell due to the fact that the socket can wobble and then you can bend over or damage one of the overflow ports but that is my 1.7 cents.
Back soon.

Jim

Update: SnapOn #SC166, 30 MM 6 point socket. It looks a lot like a sparkplug socket.

Update #2: They must have changed the number. Here is a link to SnapOn but the number is now S6128.
S6128, Socket, Metric Injector (for Bosch-type injectors)

Jim again

Last edited:

jimm1009

Just be careful to not bugger the threads for the high pressure lines.

Perhaps wrappng some electricla tape around the threads will help if you are not using the actual tool as listed above.

You will say bad things if you do. Ask me how I may or may not know.:?

jimm1009

kentuckycucv

I must say that i love some of my high end tool. I have snap on, matco, a lot of nice craftsman wrenches... I hate cheap chinese tools... but sometimes I got to buy them. Especially on a sunday when you have your truck apart and you need one socket to get the one injector out... or whatever it is. That socket cost me $1.60. ( Thats dividing my 10 piece 1/2 drive deepwell socket set)
Not the best, but did good in a pinch.