• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

removing CTIS from 927

profo

I am making a camper out of my m927 and want to remove all the components for the central tire inflation system has anyone done this, or is there a manual that shows how to install one that I can remove in reverse installation order.

Thanks Marty

Last edited by a moderator:

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
You can take everything off. When you remove the wheel valves and the hose from the wheel stem to the valve, just screw in schrader valves. Unplug the control and zip tie the wire up under the dash. Disconnect the valve body and plug the air feed line with a block off or cap. Zip tie everything up under the dash. I wouldnt cut anything just in case later you want to put it back in or sell the vehicle and the next owner wants it.
Will

profo

You can take everything off. When you remove the wheel valves and the hose from the wheel stem to the valve, just screw in schrader valves. Unplug the control and zip tie the wire up under the dash. Disconnect the valve body and plug the air feed line with a block off or cap. Zip tie everything up under the dash. I wouldnt cut anything just in case later you want to put it back in or sell the vehicle and the next owner wants it.
Will
Thanks but I really want to remove all the cts stuff I will need the most area I can get because I have some airconditioner kits I will be installing in the cab and when on the road if I have problems it would be easier to traces lines in the frame etc. Theres a bunch of polyflow air lines running all over the place in the frame and going to control boxes in the cab with regulators and such that I would like to get out of the way if possible.

Thanks Again ,

Marty

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The only air feed to the entire ctis system is a metal line coming thru the firewall above the valve body it goes into a little filter device and then into the valve body. Air to the tires comes out one line coming off the valve body going up connecting to a metal line that goes out thru the same hole the feed air comes in. Once the feed air line is capped there can be no leaks in the system. You can disconnect it by the governor if you want the feed air line is the one that is looped. Once tires are Schrader valved no air will get into any lines it will be a dead system. I think it unwise to start cutting out lines you may accidentally hack something you need. I don't see how any of it would be in the way since you are removing the valve body on the floor.

profo

Thanks thats what I was looking for I will trace the lines, I know the little regulator/filter thing your talking about its mounted mid cab on the firewall on side the shift for the transmission (its yellow)this is what I was looking for a starting point, I am removeing the entire bed and building a complete camper shell that will sit on the frame so while the bed is off and before I set the camper on i would be a good time to go through everything from bearings/to engine and make sure everything is ok this will make everything easier to follow lines etc.

Thank you again, Marty

my927.jpg

Last edited:
I am actually wanting to put a CTIS on my M923 but it is not the A2 is that even possible and if it is is there anyone that has any information on how I can even do it??? I will take any pieces off of anybody that wants to part ways with theirs too !!!

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am actually wanting to put a CTIS on my M923 but it is not the A2 is that even possible and if it is is there anyone that has any information on how I can even do it??? I will take any pieces off of anybody that wants to part ways with theirs too !!!
Different axles and hubs. The cheapest way to add CTIS to your truck would be to sell it and buy an A2...

Edit - just get a glad hand with an air chuck. $40 and done... and it won't sabotage you going down the road.

Last edited:

74M35A2

The spindle end and hub is different. That is where the air is routed through. Hub has 3-4 seals total (depending if front rear). Not sure about inner axle part differences if any, beside flat bottom diff housing. Others may know more.

99nouns

I would like to know where is the closest point to water separator that I can end-cap to disable CTIS, because my PSU is leaking air. I am down to 90 in 15 mins down to 0 in 1 hour.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks