• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

removing equipment

mtinsman

Hey guys,
I want to remove the military equipment from my truck. I bought the truck to off road with in the summer and snow plow with it in the winter months. will it hurt the truck if i remove the equipment from the truck?

Thanks,
Matt Tinsman

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What military equipment? Radios, gun mounts, nato port, blackout lights?

You can off road and plow with a stock MV without removing these things.

mtinsman

Well there is a rack and a box with cannon plugs on it in the bed of the truck. The box has a big wire loom going to it. I would like to take that stuff out because i want to put a dog box in the bed of the truck.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
doghead won't help you install dogboxes in your CUCV. He does not approve :razz:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well there is a rack and a box with cannon plugs on it in the bed of the truck. The box has a big wire loom going to it. I would like to take that stuff out because i want to put a dog box in the bed of the truck.
Sounds like you have a M1008 and this "stuff" is the Radio Rack. No problem removing it. Just don't throw it away as there are members here that will hunt you down...............

If you don't want it, offer it to your fellow SteelSoldiers. There will be takers.

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, anyone in the WV area that wants some Radio Equipment? I would take it but I'm to far away.

And by the way. Welcome to SteelSoldiers. Glad you joined us.

Warthog

mtinsman

Thank you!!! You guys have been a real life saver I was getting quite frustrated with the truck I bought. I dont know of anyone in WV that has one of these trucks.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you!!! You guys have been a real life saver I was getting quite frustrated with the truck I bought. I dont know of anyone in WV that has one of these trucks.
Your welcome.

Make sure you read the CUCV Wiki page

Cucv - Steel Soldiers::Military Vehicles Supersite

and the FAQ thread for CUCVs.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/cucv/20600-faq-thread-cucvs.html

From the Wiki page there are links for all of the Tech Manuals and many part numbers.

Don't hesitate to ask a question, just give us as much info as possible so it will be easier to diagnose.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter

When disconnecting the radio wiring, I suggest you disconnect the batteries first to avoid shorting something out. You do not want to take any un-necessary risks with these electrical systems.

After it's all removed, take photos and list the equipment in the classifieds.

Not a dog owner myself, but I'd like to see the "dog box" modification.