• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Removing fuse box/panel

rjinga

I did check the TM and previous threads first, but I didn't find the answer to my question - Can you remove the fuse box/panel on a M1009? If so, what are the steps?

A previous owner really had the fuse box/panel under the left side of the steeing wheel all rigged up. I pulled out all his closed wire loops and electrical tape, and installed all new correct amperage fuses. Everything works now except the glow plugs.

It appears that the GP module isn't getting any power now. According to the wiriing diagram, the 12v feed (pink w/ black stripe) runs to the fuse box/panel. I need to get the box/panel off so that I can check it from the back side.

I'm looking for sage advice from someone who's "been there, done that".

idM1028

Should be pretty easy. I've done it more than a few times on my M1028. Pop the hood and find the big bundle of wires going into the firewall on the drivers side. There should be a bolt in the middle, unscrew it and pull the plug out. Then look at the actual fusebox. Theres two REALLY long sheet metal screws that hold it in place on either side. Unscrew them and you're done. Reassembly is the reverse.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To clarify, the two long screws are inside the cab.

If you look at the diagrams you will "see" which terminal the wire should pass thru.

There are three groups of terminals on the harness.

Main engine controls - large group
Headlight Lighting - medium group
Tail lights - small group

Just look for the correct shape of terminals and then count for the right terminal

It will make sense once you get it apart

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks