• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Removing GL Bill of Lading Pouches

Dodge man

The best way that I've found is to heat the surface with a heat gun. Then soak in Goo-Gone or something similar and then cover it with Al foil to keep the GG from evaporating as fast as it does in the open. Let it soak or a few minutes and then wipe and/or scrape to get it off. I use a plastic or wood scraper to prevent scratching the surface. Then rub the goo off with paper towels. They load up quickly so you have to keep turning over to expose a fresh surface.

bchauvette

How about all that Paint marker they write all over with. They just about covered the whole left door on the MOG with numbers and codes as well as the front bumper .

jw4x4

If the paint is CARC, use brake cleaner to remove any paint and/or adhesive residue. Gently rub with a rag. When too much pressure is applied, the rough texture of the CARC can shred the rag and cause another mess. It will look good until it dries, then the rag residue remains. At that point, I just clean it again until it's all gone.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks