• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Removing HMMWV run flat

jeepin

Any tips on how to remove the "new" run flat from the HMMWV radial tire? Not the two piece magnesium one, the one piece hard rubber one.
Thanks.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
8 bolt rims have the two piece Mag. runflat.
Only good for Bias tires.
Greg

Alredneck

Banned
the runflaats work with both bias and radial. But they say dont put radials on bias rims. Citizensoldier squared me away with the load ratings are different is the reason. By the way if anybody is looking for the new rubber runflats then we have them as well as just the plastic beadlocks, most are new still in the package. PM me for details and prices. We also have both Bias and Radial HUMVEE tires as well!

Barrman

Another way is to put an engine hoist legs over the tire, wrap a chain around the run flat and start pumping. I have done this with LAV tires and the HMMWV tires. Works just fine.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like that idea Barrman. Hey Captain, the plastic ones, those the PVC pipe deals? Might need to buy some when I can.

jeepin

Another way is to put an engine hoist legs over the tire, wrap a chain around the run flat and start pumping. I have done this with LAV tires and the HMMWV tires. Works just fine.
Yeah after starting with the ratchet straps I ended up with a pickup on one end and a maple tree on the other....it popped out

Alredneck

Banned
Kenny they are made out of some type of plastic but not pvc, these are military issue. I got new ones in the cardboard bags. Will get pics when I get back to the house for yall plus the nsn number.

Barrman

The HMWWV with the two rubber run flats is just the same. Hook onto the big one after you push the small one out of the way and go for it. I did that a year or so ago on some.

dirtyfingernails

If you want to reuse the runflat, how do you get it back in? My first one I could not get out and since it ticked me off I cut it. Another question. Do I HAVE to use the runflat device in my new tires?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks